Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
strawberries

yeast cleansing diet

Can someone who has done the yeast cleansing diet please post the foods you can eat and can't. I have been googling and can't find a consistent diet.

I have been dealing with infections for years from antibotics. I stopped and it comes coming back, in my mouth, skin, feet, it's everwhere. It comes and goes with medicine but I need to get on this diet.

Thanks

No dairy,pasta, wheat, gluten (bread), sugar, sweet fruits, alcohol or caffeine, no soy or soy sauce, no potato.

Eat mana bread from health food store, or gluten yeast free bread only once a week at first until candida is dead, only fruits are: grapefruit, lemon, and lime. Eat lots of greens, salads, avocado, coconut mlik, olive oil, NUTS! You will live on nuts, but only almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts. stay away from peanuts. Almond butter is good. Take spoons of it to fill you up. try to get raw everything. raw almond butter, raw nuts. Also if you eat meat, eat hormone free/antibioric free meat from health food store. Raw fish is excellent but not shrimp and bottom crawlers. Cooked salmon and white fish and tuna ok.

As candida dies you can incorporate after 6 months certain things back like brown rice pasta gluten free, and other fruits that are more sour like blue berries and rasberries. Get on a good probitioic. I use jarrodophilis. It gives you good bacteria back. Take 2 a day. Also drink 3 teaspoons of raw applecider vinegar a day. This works fast. Good luck. I cured my yeast but it took 9 months. Also go get 3 or 4 colonics. This will REALLY REALLY help. Best to you!

I wonder if there's a connection then with Brewer's Yeast?

I started taking it for the B-Vitamins it contains, but after a while it made my skin bad. Does that mean any types of yeast can upset your digestive system and lead to acne?

*Leon* ^^

Mushrooms have never given me a problem. I used to have candida as well (but didn't eat mushrooms while on the candida diet until the end - and had no problems then) If anything they help, my TCM practtitioner recommended shiitakes.

I hear ya R Sheep. My naturopath said stay away from all fungus since yeast is a fungus, but I have drank reishi mushroom tea and found this helpful. I think in the beginning stages of cleaning yeast staying clear of fungus is good though so as not to take chances.

Leon: The debate whether or not Brewers Yeast upsets anything in your system is widely argued. The idea is that the yeast cannot do any harm in the traditional sense being that the yeast in Brewer's Yeast is DEAD. No live yeast are contained in the powder or tablets. So any harm that it does would not be due to normal yeast activity.

Brewer's Yeast brings out my Acne very quickly, which is a good thing, but I don't take it often when I need to be in public.

Homepaths and and other holistic healers tend to make sweeping generalizations sometimes about things like Brewer's Yeast. Like saying that because it's a yeast it must be avioded.

I'm not 100% sure but from what I've read it promotes digestion.

EDIT: I've often wondered also if it's possible if Brewer's Yeast could act as a good food source for bad bacteria in our system though. Someone should look into that!

Maybe the Brewer's Yeast was giving me too much of the B-Vitamins on top of my multivitamin each day.

It seems so obvious now, of course they wouldn't put live yeast (or any bacteria) in a tablet or it would go bad.

Thanks for the advice but I think I'll stay clear of Brewer's yeast unless I get acne again.

For Perfect Skin

Broccoli Extract 500 mg * 2 Daily

Multivitamin / Multimineral * 1 Daily

Plenty of Water

Eat anything: fatty, sugary, spicy, gluten, dairy, processed, you name it.

*Leon* =D

^ ^ ^ Sorry, if a good amount of people followed that for perfect skin advice we'd be in horrible shape! Sugar is a trigger for a lot of people for very good reason, as is dairy. Gluten is my worst trigger but I'm hoping this liver flush I just did will cut down on that. Fatty doesn't hurt me too bad though, I love me some avocadoes and coconuts.