Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
garkee83

Which kind of acne do u have???acne prone or active acne?

Acne Prone Skin:

Acne prone skin is basically good skin that is out of balance - it knows no

age boundary. The sebaceous (oil) glands become overactive from internal

factors such as the hormonal surge commonly signaling PMS, stress, diet or

external factors like pollution and sun expore.

Symptoms:

U r often told that ur skin looks shiny.

U have many undefined bumps under your skin and enlarged pores.

U have sudden breakouts for no apparent reason.

Ur face feels unclean and grasy by mid-afternoon.

Active Acne Skin:

Active acne is genetic, but there are many factors that contribute to the

severity of this type of acne, such as over-productive sebaceous (oil)

glands, epidermal sheding dysfunction, environmental pollution, and stress.

Symptoms:

U have many sore, undefined bumps under ur skin.

U suffer from cysts and pustules.

U have blackhead on ur nose, chin, and cheeks.

U have breakouts on ur back and chest.

hopefully can help..

god bless you all,

garkee2002 cheers :wink:

Those who have ACTIVE acne...please please...

Stay out from iodine , lithium and pottasium food...is it clear now..

such as Kelps, shrimps, algae, banana, coconut and seafoods...

drink more water...at least 8 glasses per day.

consume zinc and vitamin c as supplement.

hopefully can help,

cheers,

garkee2002 :wink:

I think I have acne prone skin. The main reason behind my acne is horomone imbalance. I have finally found out this. Does anyone in the board have polycystic ovaries(PCOD) Please let me know. My doc diagonised that I have them & thats the reason behind my acne.

Please help.

Hi,

Its kinda like cysts that are formed due to hormonal imbalance. It is a common case for many ladies. Some symptoms are obesity, hair loss, acne etc. Although I have only acne, I somehow found out the culprit behind my acne. This leads to irregular periods. You'll get a lot of information reg. this in yahoo or google search. If anyone in this board suffering from this, pl. let me know. This acne can only be controlled by regularising the hormones.

Thanks!

This stuff about iodine causing acne is very interesting. The only food I have eatin on the list is a banana 1-2 every day from the last week.

What are some other food that contain alot of iodine so i can cut them out of my diet and what foods have zinc and vitamin c?

ACNE PRONE for sure

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I can have perfect skin one week and then I have a huge breakout that takes me another two weeks to vanquish. I HATE IT, ITS ALL HOROMONES!!!

Prob:

You can have a look on my article in the regimen about what food causes acne.We only need 150mcg of iodine per day. If you exceed the amount..you will end up with flare up...hopefully you can keep out of iodine food~

god bless you all,

cheers,

Scars should be prevent by those who have active acne...so..don;t squeeze or pick. Just apply BP . It will heal itself~ :wink:

god bless you all,

cheers,

I am finding any website about acne grading. Anyone who know which website, please post up the address.Thank you.

god bless you all,

cheers,

garkee83 :wink:

hey Satori,

I suffer from polycystic ovary syndrome too, and how much does it suck?? I only suffer from the acne side effect also, and have been treated with Diane 35 ed for about two years. At times, this has been supplemented with aldactone, 100 mg but to no avail. I still have outbreaks, but because it is not serious the doctors wont treat me with anything much different than the standard antibiotics which ive been on since age 13. Because I have known serious acne, I am very insecure even now when i get an outbreak however small, as Im extremely aware of it, and it is the root of a lot of days spent in pj's refusing to face the world. I would be so grateful if you found any sort of way of dealing with it, besides excercise and water :)

hey Satori,

I suffer from polycystic ovary syndrome too, and how much does it suck?? I only suffer from the acne side effect also, and have been treated with Diane 35 ed for about two years. At times, this has been supplemented with aldactone, 100 mg but to no avail. I still have outbreaks, but because it is not serious the doctors wont treat me with anything much different than the standard antibiotics which ive been on since age 13. Because I have known serious acne, I am very insecure even now when i get an outbreak however small, as Im extremely aware of it, and it is the root of a lot of days spent in pj's refusing to face the world. I would be so grateful if you found any sort of way of dealing with it, besides excercise and water :)

Hi :) I'm new here..hope i'll write in a good english for you to understand what I say..

I have polycystic ovaries and my doctor gave the birth control pills (Diane) .

They've always worked good for my acne(very mild anyway)since two years ago,when my skin started to break out for no reasons I could point to.

Anyway,I'm taking the antibiotics and the vitamin a,but I don't think they're working so much.

When i started to take Diane,about 7 years ago,my skin was so nice,no spots at all and then two years ago,I don't know what happend.No more good skin...that was really depressing :)

well,my doc told me that was because my hormones are a mess not just because of the polycystic ovaries,but also for other reasons,that's why the pills are no ore good for me!

So..I thought that I found what was good for me but ...You'll never know.

I wish I colud trust my doctor but he keeps on giving me something that doesn't work!I wonder why!?

Even if everybody near me tells me that I don't have to mess up finding a cure on my own,but i have to go to a good doctor,I realize that docs can't do much for acne,and they always give the same cures..always non-working!

i don't want to take so much antibiotics,I do believe is not heatly!

I'm trying Dan's regimen and I hope it will work for me.I am using a 3%bp cream a aha mosturizer and a mild cleaner for oily and sensitive skin.I hope it will be fine!

i'm tired of being depressed and nervous with people I love!

Garkee,

It has been proven that PCOD causes acne in females, because it is an imbalance in hormones where the testosterone is more active. As ya know, testosterone is the cause of acne and this is a major side effect in sufferers....

Oh..i see. As I know that testicle produces testosterone and that's mean when you don;t have testicle, then you would produce the hormone then you wouldn;t have acne..right??keke....then anyone having acne thinking of that??hahahaa..lol