Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone tried it?

It was like thirty dollars for like three different tubes of stuff.

Which is a little on the steep end.

Mm.

Yeah.

Just an estimate, I doubt it works great. Few acne regimens do (proactiv, Murad, etc.)

I recommend Dan Kern's regimen over almost anything else besides maybe Accutane.

I looked at the website for it (apparently it's a Murad system). Here's what this whole thing really is:

- 1.5% salicyclic acid cleanser

- gel with 1.0% salicyclic acid and some unknown percentage of glycolic acid and retinol

- oil-fre moisturizer with retinol

It's definitely different from the Proactiv/AcneFree BP-based kits and probably a good deal less drying, but I seriously doubt that it would work well on inflammatory acne. Salicyclic acid has never done anything for my skin! It could be great if your problem is mostly blackheads or clogged prores, but that's just my guess based on the ingredients. The wash is probably completely a waste of money since it's mediccated for no good reason and has menthol (a known skin irritant), though at least it's not a scrub.

That is the most horribly formulated system out ther (although the moisturizer is pretty good).

The cleanser contains very irritating ingredients and so does the salicylic acid gel (loads of alcohol).

I tried it once and had a horrible allergic reaction to the cleanser. There are many people on this board that feel that it only made their situatuion worse...I don't doubt that it would....it's very irritating.....probably worse than Proactiv........

I agree with LabGirl. I liked the moisturizer, but hated everything else about the system. It didn't work at all for me, and they don't have very good customer service.

I hated the whole kit, I broke out like crazy. And my skin always had a greesy feel to it. Not just my regular oily feeling but a differnt greesy feeling.