Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
daemon123

how sever is it really?

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and I hope you're all doing well. I've been dealing with acne for quite a while now (4 years last time I checked) and I'm not quite sure how bad it really is. I've tried everything from store bought medication to ordering products over the phone. And to be honest, nothing really works. I'm pursueing a career as an actor and I honestly don't think I'll get anywhere with all this acne :( . I also have a bad case on my back as well. Below are a few photo's of my acne. Can anyone tell me how bad it is? and if so, how can I treat it? Any help is appreciated. Thanks alot.

IPB Image

IPB Image

P.S. - Sorry if the pictures are bad quality, can't say my camcorder is the best with photos.

Your face looks like mine did before i started my new regimen. I always considered myself on the worse end of moderate or best side of severe depending how many cysts I had at same time. Always had 1-3 cysts and lots of pimples. When I started the regimen I'm on now.. the cysts went away and I haven't had one since. (knock wood). My other pimples are improving too as long as I don't pick. (my biggest problem)

I would strongly consider accutane. If you go on it now you will be fine, if you try other methods they may not work so you would have wasted time and your acne may get worse and worse, then you're in trouble.

It's very similar to my acne, and mine's moderate to severe (I usually have a few more cysts, like 7 or so at a time).......I'm desprately trying to get Accutane.....

Time for you to see a derm...especially since you have a dark complexion....you run the risk of developing post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.....

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and I hope you're all doing well. I've been dealing with acne for quite a while now (4 years last time I checked) and I'm not quite sure how bad it really is. I've tried everything from store bought medication to ordering products over the phone. And to be honest, nothing really works. I'm pursueing a career as an actor and I honestly don't think I'll get anywhere with all this acne :( . I also have a bad case on my back as well. Below are a few photo's of my acne. Can anyone tell me how bad it is? and if so, how can I treat it? Any help is appreciated. Thanks alot.

IPB Image

IPB Image

P.S. - Sorry if the pictures are bad quality, can't say my camcorder is the best with photos.

Your skin requires more then over the counter products. You definitely need to see your derm before it gets worse or it scars your face. Ive been on accutane twice, but before going on a severe drug like that, most derms will put you on a more mild antiobotic. They will most likely start you on a tetracycling. I am currently on doxycycline and it works great.