Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Green_Vegetable_Man

At last a simple solution from me -see attached web link

MODS please warn or ban this user!

You just posted this in another active thread. You know this is common information. More trolling.

MODS please warn or ban this user!

You just posted this in another active thread. You know this is common information. More trolling.

What is wrong with you?

Why dont you read the contents of the link and absorb it in your head? :hand:

Low and ultra-low doses of isotretinoin are an effective therapy for many acne patients. This safer and cheaper solution can even be used continuously.

"Some patients come only because of their oiliness. ... For these patients, I think the low or ultra-low dose is very good, and it's cheap, too," he said. :D :) :angel:

Printout the article and show it to your derm

Nobody is disagreeing with the content in the article you posted. Get over yourself.

You said it was posted before. What I have said is it was not.

I think it is the first time ultra-low dose has been discussed. I may be wrong but I think it is

Since it is so small as 2.5 mg twice a week it would be cheap.

and Roche would not make much money. I would even consider getting it without prescription from generic suppliers.

I wouldn't recommend isotrentinoin to people on this forum... I thought the point was to solve acne problems without prescription drugs?

I wouldn't recommend isotrentinoin to people on this forum... I thought the point was to solve acne problems without prescription drugs?

I believe we produce small amounts of isotrentinoin in our bodies naturally. So it is a very small supplementation.

Accutane is a naturally occurring derivative of vitamin A and is detectable in the bloodstream of all people.

See the link below and read through it

http://www.aocd.org/skin/dermatologic_diseases/accutane.html

I believe we produce small amounts of isotrentinoin in our bodies naturally. So it is a very small supplementation.

Really? How? Please explain.

Really? How? Please explain.

See the link below and read through it.

Accutane is formed naturally in the body from the Vitamin A present in the bloodstream. Accutane is a naturally occurring derivative of vitamin A and is detectable in the bloodstream of all people

http://www.aocd.org/skin/dermatologic_diseases/accutane.html

Ah I see what you're saying. But that only works if the person in question has adequate levels of Vitamin A in his system.

This is how I believe it works when you supplement with accutane taken orally.

From the Derm website (Important: Don't take any vitamin A while on Accutane)

so

Accutane taken orally-------> Directly gets into bloodstream without conversion

If no accutane taken orally how our body produces Accutane naturally

Vitamin A present in Bloodstream ----> Converted to Accutane naturally in Bloodstream

So small doses taken orally will enter the bloodstream and reduce oileness.....

In my next post I will give names of Generic low cost isotrentinoin brands

Good Night

Yeah well, the first part is certainly correct. But the second part... whether the Vitamin A in your bloodstream gets converted to the specific chemical isotretinoin or any other skin-benefiting retinoid will depend on a lot of things. Certainly VERY low levels exist naturally... but not enough to mimic the effects of Accutane.

Yeah well, the first part is certainly correct. But the second part... whether the Vitamin A in your bloodstream gets converted to the specific chemical isotretinoin or any other skin-benefiting retinoid will depend on a lot of things. Certainly VERY low levels exist naturally... but not enough to mimic the effects of Accutane.

To control oiliness...

"Gerd Plewig, M.D., believes that the doses of isotretinoin typically used in the United States and Europe are far too high. For many patients, as little as 2.5 mg twice a week, which he describes as "a drop of rain on a dusty road" is adequate. "

http://www.dermatologytimes.com/dermatolog...il.jsp?id=65528

The only problem I can see with this is for women who want to get pregnant in the future, they cant continually take isotretinoin, what about the birth defects I'm sure the risk is still present even with an ultra low dose.

The only problem I can see with this is for women who want to get pregnant in the future, they cant continually take isotretinoin, what about the birth defects I'm sure the risk is still present even with an ultra low dose.

You may need to consult your derm about that

Accutane,

In February 2002, Roche's patents for isotretinoin expired and there are now many other companies selling cheaper generic versions of the drug. A generic drug is identical in chemical makeup to the brand-name version of the drug.

A May 12, 2006 news release from Barr Pharmaceuiticals, Inc. announces that the FDA approved the manufacturing and marketing of Isotretinoin Capsules USP, 30 mg by Barr Laboratories, Inc.

Barr will launch this new strength Isotretinoin product under the name Claravis , which already carries 10 mg, 20 mg and 40 mg options.

Claravis competes with both Accutane (Roche Pharmaceuticals) and Sotret (Ranbaxy), all name brands for the generic Isotretinoin,

Amnesteem,

Claravis,

Sotret

Thank you very much for posting this.

Before I began taking the hollistic approach to fighting acne I attempted to go on accutane. However, my derm would not put me on it, as there was a history of mental illness in my family. Basically my aunts are depressed and have some sort of mental disorder, I dont really know. Regardless, I was very disappointed at this. Im completely normal, and have never been depressed, besides the fact that I get down on myself at times due to my acne. We all know how that goes.

Heres a quick question however, which I doubt anyone here will be able to answer, but I wanted to see what others thought regardless.

Im wondering if I go back to my derm with this article, will he possibly consider trying this even though he denied my inital request for accutane. I mean, this is such a small dose compared to standard treatment therefore reducing side effects greatly.

Thank you very much for posting this.

Before I began taking the hollistic approach to fighting acne I attempted to go on accutane. However, my derm would not put me on it, as there was a history of mental illness in my family. Basically my aunts are depressed and have some sort of mental disorder, I dont really know. Regardless, I was very disappointed at this. Im completely normal, and have never been depressed, besides the fact that I get down on myself at times due to my acne. We all know how that goes.

Heres a quick question however, which I doubt anyone here will be able to answer, but I wanted to see what others thought regardless.

Im wondering if I go back to my derm with this article, will he possibly consider trying this even though he denied my inital request for accutane. I mean, this is such a small dose compared to standard treatment therefore reducing side effects greatly.

Yes you should print out the article and show it to your derm.

If I cannot get a prescription I would get a generic brand from an on-line source.

If I cannot get a prescription I would get a generic brand from an on-line source.

BAD idea.

Not always true. Depends on your knowledge and if you know what you are looking for.

IPB Image

U.S. Brand Names

Accutane®; Amnesteem™; Claravis™; Sotret®

Canadian Brand Names

Accutane®; Isotrex®

Mexican Brand Names

Isotrex®; Roaccutan®

Not always true. Depends on your knowledge and if you know what you are looking for.

U.S. Brand Names

Canadian Brand Names

Accutane®; Isotrex®

Mexican Brand Names

Isotrex®; Roaccutan®

I'll clarify: purchasing (or otherwise obtaining) prescription drugs without a prescription is, in most countries, illegal. Purchasing prescription drugs on the internet if you have a prescription is OK as long as you go through a reputable supplier. Purchasing drugs on the internet without a prescription means that the company selling the drug doesn't care whether you have the prescription or not (indicating they don't care about the law), and the drug they sell you is not always the real thing, or if it is, its safety is questionable (i.e. it's not regulated for quality). Sure, it's cheaper and easier to avoid the hassle of finding a doctor to prescribe it and buying it off the net, but it's not really very smart.

U.S. Brand Names

Canadian Brand Names

Accutane®; Isotrex®

Mexican Brand Names

Isotrex®; Roaccutan®

I'll clarify: purchasing (or otherwise obtaining) prescription drugs without a prescription is, in most countries, illegal. Purchasing prescription drugs on the internet if you have a prescription is OK as long as you go through a reputable supplier. Purchasing drugs on the internet without a prescription means that the company selling the drug doesn't care whether you have the prescription or not (indicating they don't care about the law), and the drug they sell you is not always the real thing, or if it is, its safety is questionable (i.e. it's not regulated for quality). Sure, it's cheaper and easier to avoid the hassle of finding a doctor to prescribe it and buying it off the net, but it's not really very smart.

Well then we have to find derms who will prescribe it.

I will print out the original ultra low dose article and take it to my derm