Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay,

I have only been on CSR for about a month and a half and while my skin has improved I have now been concentrating on how to address the wrinkles from aging in general. Any suggestions? Specifically I tried to use the PURPOSE moisterizer for the bags under my eyes and it really seemed to irratate my eyes. AHA seems to dry it out when applyed under my eyes.

Also, oddly enough under my eyes seems to be okay as far as acne is concerned.

P.S. has there been any information gathered on this board about the demographics of the forum members as far as age goes. I mean, I have adult acne (34 yrs old) that seemed to crop up 2 years ago and I would be curious to know if the message board posts are from the younger crowd or victims of adult acne. (I know that it really doesn't matter the age factor, however I was just curious)

If there has been no information collected concerning age and acne, would this be an interesting poll topic? Or just plain offensive! :naughty:

Charlie

From the FAQ:

http://www.acne.org/faq.html#wrinkles (just as an aside to your inquiry)

As for age-related wrinkles, I can tell you that my skin looks better and those little crinkles under my eyes look much better from switching to the CSR gel. My skin seemed much more dry in the undereye area when using Neutrogena on-the-spot. It seems bp migrates no matter how much we try to keep it one area.

Also, AHA products are often marketed for wrinkles. I know you mentioned them irritating the undereye area, and I agree with you there. But there are some that are specifically formulated for that delicate undereye area if you wanted to try them. I tried a few and found that they mostly just seemed to irritate or cause a breakout there.

Also if your cleanser is too drying that might be contributing to the problem. Make sure you are using a gentle nondrying cleanser, it might help your undereye area look less crinkly.

For your other question, I put up a poll when we made the Adult Acne forum, it is still in there and you can get an idea of how many adults are here with acne. But there is nothing very scientific in regard to determining adult acne vs. teenage acne. Also, where would people be categorized if their acne began in their teens and has continued to persist into adulthood?

p.s. I'm 36, had skin problems since around age 13 or 14.

well i doubt csr will contribute to any permanent wrinkles but it does cause dehydration wrinkles and for aging wrinkles i think ther are a few mositurizers out ther specificly for aging.... i don't think u should really worry about it too much as no matter wt u will get wrinkles as u age lol

I'm 40!!! :shock:

I have been using the Neutrogena Visibly Firm products to help address the drying/wrinkling that I experienced while on the CSR (been on it since early April '06).

I use this product under and even above my eyes (like where you'd put eyeshadow) morning and night:

http://www.neutrogena.com/ProductsDetails.asp?ID=107

And I've been using this product on my neck (morning and night):

http://www.neutrogena.com/ProductsDetails.asp?ID=108

Like others have mentioned, no matter how hard you try NOT to get the BP in areas that are sensitive, it seems to migrate. My neck is pretty sensitive and would get REALLY dry and wrinkly. This night cream really helps.

I put both the eye cream and neck cream on BEFORE I put on my BP.

Hope this helps!

I will try the neutrogena stuff it sounds like it may work for me.

Thanks for the link.

Charlie

I will try the neutrogena stuff it sounds like it may work for me.

Thanks for the link.

You are most welcome!

I should have mentioned that in addition to using the "Visibly Firm" products in the wrinkly locations I mentioned, I use a combination of Neutrogena Healthly Skin Face Lotion SPF 15 and Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture on the rest of my face.

It seems like a lot of products, but I'll do whatever it takes to stay clear AND fight wrinkles. :D