Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kristin21

Doxycylcine making acne worse?

So I havent been on antibitotics for over a year for my acne. Ive just used mostly BP to help my skin.. SO i decided to take pills to see if it will better my face and clear it up... SO ive been taking 1 100mg pill daily for the last 3 weeks and im noticing tiny pimples forming on my cheeks, I dont break out on my front face and just my side face breaks out.. My acne has gotten worse after taking these pills, Im debating whether i should up the dosage to 2 pills a day without my doctors consent.. I need advice my skin looks rashy now on my cheeks with tiny bumps :(

So I havent been on antibitotics for over a year for my acne. Ive just used mostly BP to help my skin.. SO i decided to take pills to see if it will better my face and clear it up... SO ive been taking 1 100mg pill daily for the last 3 weeks and im noticing tiny pimples forming on my cheeks, I dont break out on my front face and just my side face breaks out.. My acne has gotten worse after taking these pills, Im debating whether i should up the dosage to 2 pills a day without my doctors consent.. I need advice my skin looks rashy now on my cheeks with tiny bumps :(

i'm on Amoxicillin and I have the same problem. My forehead is covered in tiny, tiny rash-like pimples. Maybe this is an antibiotic thing? I've been taking it for 2 weeks. I'm gonna call my derm on Monday and complain about it. :(