Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

has any1 ever tried applying a larger amount of 100% tca directly to a scar??? isnt this what like a phenol peel is but its to the whole face????and would it work????i know they have tca crosses out and stuff but thats only applyin a little bit of tca im talkin about covering the scar so it actually burns down the layers of skin in the scared area probably a dumb idea but its just a thought any suggestions???

Let me make sure i understand you right..

By a "larger amount" you mean using more tca cross on the area rather than a toothpick dipped amount?

If that is correct, then i think its a terrible idea.

The purpose of tca cross is to work on the scar, cause damage to it as such, so that it generates a healing and in turn causes the tissue to generate collagen and in turn raise the skin up to the surrounding unscarred skin. (Im not v good at describing this sorry).

If you put a larger dose (wider?) of tca cross you would be damaging unscarred skin as (to my knowlege) tca cross sort of feathers out the effect. The reason you put only a dab of cross in the centre of the scar is because the acid effects more than the area it was originally put on. (spreads)

Damn..can someone explain this better..my heads gone to mush..and i really think im not explaining myself well.

anyway..i just think its a really bad idea and if you decide to try it then do it on one area less obvious. But def recommend you stick to the normal way of crossing.

Let me make sure i understand you right..

By a "larger amount" you mean using more tca cross on the area rather than a toothpick dipped amount?

If that is correct, then i think its a terrible idea.

The purpose of tca cross is to work on the scar, cause damage to it as such, so that it generates a healing and in turn causes the tissue to generate collagen and in turn raise the skin up to the surrounding unscarred skin. (Im not v good at describing this sorry).

If you put a larger dose (wider?) of tca cross you would be damaging unscarred skin as (to my knowlege) tca cross sort of feathers out the effect. The reason you put only a dab of cross in the centre of the scar is because the acid effects more than the area it was originally put on. (spreads)

Damn..can someone explain this better..my heads gone to mush..and i really think im not explaining myself well.

anyway..i just think its a really bad idea and if you decide to try it then do it on one area less obvious. But def recommend you stick to the normal way of crossing.

nononnonononono u read me wrong i meant larger on the scared areas like just applying it without a toothpick directly on the scar but a larger amount nvm lol