Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Adam122234

I don't know about 2.5% benzoyl peroxide anymore guys...

Okay so i typically use the on the spot 2.5% benzoyl peroxide from Neutro, well anyways i've been on this for over a year and have been satisfied, it has done it's job without a doubt. Well last night i ran out of it and all the stores were closed, i was saying to myself oh s***. Well anyways i have a last resort and that is Clearasil 10% Maximum stength vanishing BP, i always just had a tube and never used it, because before it used to strip my face like paint striper, but knowing it'd do that i gently applied it knowing not to over due it , due to it's high potency. Well i wake up today and look in the mirror and my face is like Crystal Clear, it might have left white marks on my face because it didn't completly vanish, but i mean damn! ...like normally in natural light you can see little red bumps etc...my acne is VERY mild, but persistant all the same, this seems to not even affect my face in terms of drying and side effects, but i get the best results.

I find this very weird because i was always under the impression 2.5% did the same job without all the drying, i now get less drying from the 10% and WAY more results....like i mean it looks like i'm on Accutane.

Anyone else gone from 2.5% to 5% or 10% and notice a difference? Because i'm just buying 10% for now on and switching to only twice a day applications.

Ps. I wouldn't try this if you face isn't built up to using benzoyl peroxide, 10% for begginers is like blobing acid on your face, i've used BP for quiet a while and i think the drying side effects are almost gone when it comes to BP, no matter what %'age i use, but i deff know 10% works better.

When I first started the CSR, my face had exploded and I had all kinds of pimples. I used zapzyt without moisturizer which was a 10% bp gel morning and night and by the 2nd day my face had cleared up. I really do believe 10% is superior to 2.5% but the only problem is the dryness that occurs. I switched to a 5% bp gel and it was a bit worse then the 10% and about the same as the 2.5% in my opinion.

A 10% is better than a 2.5%. However, everyone on here will tell you that they are the same probably because their skin cannot handle 10%. If you can handle 10% then I would say go for it. I would recommend doing it just at night though because your skin might get red and flaky.

For me, 2.5 works much better. I remember when I used a 5% bp last year and the only thing I remember is that alllll year my skin was damn dry and flaky. I was only applying once a day too. My skin still flakes with 2.5% but it is controlable...if I use moisturizer it gets rid of the flaking wheras with the 5%...moisturizer wouldnt do anything haha. It would just sit on top of the giant layer of flakes and evaporate before it could do anything. But if it works for you, by all means continue! I am just saying it isnt a panacea (although, nothing really is)

I actually started using 10% PersaGel at night while still using 2.5% in the day. At some point this summer, the 2.5% just started to feel like it wasn't working anymore --- and I was SO oily! Whereas when I first started the regimen, the 2.5% dried the oil right up. Now, it seems like it kinda stopped helping after a while. Plus, I've been breaking out more too. So now I'm using the 10% at night. My oilness is down and hopefully I will get less zits too.

I don't know about using 10% on my skin, but I just use the 2.5% however i have a 6% spot treatment thing that I put on pimples and zits, and it works mildly well...heals a bit faster, nothing spectacular.

don't know if I'd use anything above for fear of drying my combo skin.

I've been using BP for over two years now and gone back and forth between the two strengths. What I've found is that while the 10% is good for a quick clear-up, over a month it made my skin much redder and drier. The 2.5 is slower, but I actually stay clearer LONGER and my skin stays so much more balanced.

Keep in mind that you've only tried using the 10% BP all over your face for one day! So many people post on the first day of the regimen and say they didn't have any dryness, can they please skip the moisturizer as they have rather oily skin? And then a few days later, their face is flaking and tight. I'd imagine if you keep using the 10% BP that you'll probably have a similar experience: beautiful clear skin for a few days, followed by excessive dryness, irritation, and foot-in-mouth syndrome. If you want to stick with the 10% BP, fine, it's your face, but I think you'll pretty much have to get used to BP all over again since you're basically using 4 times as much as you were before. Be prepared to battle some hardcore dry skin.

I STARTED on 10% and by the 3rd day... over dryness and redness had gone completely. I've been using 10% for over a year now, with very good results. I've never tried 2.5 so i can't give you a comparison, but i strongly believe that 10% shows better results than 2.5. It's only the over-drying that you have a problem with.

i was using 2.5% without moisturizer and i got no tightness or anything. i used to be on proactiv for like a year so im used to BP. im thinking about applying a 10% BP to my face at night, or perhaps just covering face with 2.5% and spo treating the active pimples with a 10% solution of BP.

Any thoughts?

For most people, 10% is too drying and irritating to use as a preventative, and can only be used to spot treat. Putting that all over your face twice a day would do most people in.

Studies have shown 2.5% to be just as effective as 10% but less drying and less irritating. So, that is why we recommend the lesser strength.