Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nappyjim

nappyjims clindagel / BP regimen

Ok, I am 23 now. I have been doing the CSR regimen or a variation of it since I was 18 or 19. I have never stuck to it 100%, but I feel I have given it enough trials. It worked very well at certain times and at others, didnt seem to work.

I chose to do this because just a few days ago I started going on it religiusly again and my face got real dry. Now mind you, I have been applying BP to my face at least once a day for the past 4 years but its still sensitive. Then I decided to just apply BP to the spots with acne. Wake up next morning and the spots I applied BP to got more pimples and the skin was even drier. (yes, i was mostrizing).

Also I just do not like the tone and texture of my skin and want to give it time without BP to renew itself.

So from now on, im simply apply clindagel in the morning. I am trying to go without mostrizer so that I can be as simple as possible and see if my skin can hydrate itself adequately.

Also, I am trying to drink less pop. I swear this, especially coke, affects my acne. I will be marking in my log the days I have a pop or dont have a pop.

I want to re-iterate that I am simply doing this because I think its been a long enough time to where my skin, hormones, and body could have changed and I need to know how it reacts without the BP there.

Day 1 (Monday July 17,2007)

I am backtracking here. Anyway, my face was very dry. I woke up, washed with CSR cleanser and applied Eucerin. Tonight after I washed my face and let it dry, i could already tell it was less dried out than a few days ago. It was still dry, but wasnt that 'cracking skin' dry.

Pop Count: 0

Day 2 (Tuesday July 18, 2007)

Today I started the clindagel. It has done wonders for my back and chest, and I felt I never gave it a fair shake with my face. So I am simply appluying it in the morning. Topday I woke up, washed, applied the clinda, then Eucerin. Skin felt a little less dry too.

Tonight I just washed my face, thats all. The places that were breaking out bad, either side of my chin, have subsided greatly without the benefit of BP. I think this just proves that they were simply breaking out due to dryness and overirritation.

Pop count: 0

Ok, here a recent pic of me. Acne is hard to see cause A) lighting B) I have makeup on, a lil bit, cause my tone is so uneven due to BP. I will be posting natural shots as well so u can see the acne.

IPB Image

Day 3

Ok, just washed my face. Seems like everyday, my skin is getting less and less drier, which is as expected. I took some pics and will be taking them occasionally to chart my progress.

Pop Count:0

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Day 4

Seems like my skin is a little worse today. But I was kind of expecting it. I decided to switch this up a little. I am going to apply BP once a day at night, only to one side of my face. This way I can really judge which one helps me the most. Plus I mitigate the possible damage. This way, if the clindagel doesnt help at all, at least only half of my face will look bad! lol

I did have a Pepsi today. I am convinced soda does make my acne worse.

Pop Count: 1

Day 5

Face seems a little better. Now when I get out of the shower and my face is all dry, it actually isnt dry and cracked anymore. Here some pics.

Pop Count:2

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Day 7

Well its been a week since BP has touched the right side of my face and it seems to be doing very well. It looks better than my left side, but then again, it was better off to start with.

Pop Count:4

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

DAY 8

Had 2 whiteheads pop up between my eyebrows right above my nose. No biggie. Overall, skin seems to be improving. Feels great to come outta the shower and be able to like stretch your mouth out as far as possible and not have your skin crack....if that makes any sense.

Ive stopped doing the BP to the left side on my face. I only did it twice anyway. Plus Im spoiled now, since I do so little. Just hope more is less!

BTW, the pop count in case your confused, it not how much pimples ive popped. its the amount of soda I have i consumed because soda seems to aggravate my acne.

Pop Count:6

Day 14

Not very good news. I got quite a few new pimples. I thinik it because of the pop im consuming. I am now trying to go a week only drinking water to see if that helps.

Day 15

Well, I haven had a pop since Friday afternoon. I have been drinking water almost exclusively. Seems to really be helping. My face has improved greatly in just those 3 days. Im not clear by any means, but can tell that the inflammation has gone down ALOT.

Day 22

Not too much to report. I tried to drink just water, but ended up drinking like 4 or 5 pops throughout the week. Still the side that hasnt seen BP in over 3 weeks doesnt look to much worse than it looked on my best days on the BP regimen. The side I have been applying BP to, I am going to stop because frankly I dont see the advatage to it right now. Maybe ill start again, but the side that has only seen the clindagel looks a lot better than the clinda/BP side.