Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EBC11

Pimple rubbed off by accident

I've had a big zit (unsure if it's a cyst or anything) that I've been nurturing for about two weeks or so. It's definitely decreasing in size for sure, but it's so big that the gradual shrinkage is just getting near impossible to maintain. I have occasionally bumped it with my hand, and rubbed against it with my pillow, and last night I just touched it gently to try and feel if it had gotten smaller and I rubbed some sort of loose particle off the pimple. What did I do? I didn't pop the zit, and a the zit was a little moist afterward but the zit didn't look like it had been ruptured completely. Are my chances of getting scarring higher now because of this? I didn't scrape the zit itself or pick or pop it, but I gently removed something from it that seemed like it was in the surface anyway. Can anybody help me? This seems to happen many times when I have a bigger zit to tend to for weeks. Something always happens to it. But I have NEVER NEVER popped or picked at these lesions. I just gently touch them because the size of it is always a concern for me. When I touched the pimple it was really loose feeling and I felt a small particle nudge off of it. I just have no idea what I did but the pimple doesn't look like a pimple that has been popped or anything. It's getting smaller everyday, but I definitely didn't rupture the pus out of it. The skin on the pimple is dried out because I'm using sacyclic acid so it breaks apart all too easily. If it didn't come off with my finger, it would have during the night. What are my chances of scarring and what steps can I take to try to prevent it now?

Thank you!

Ive done that a couple times before so I know what youre talking about, maybe just use a jojoba oil or a moisturizer or aloe vera gel and leave it alone, thats all Ive done it the past and then just waited it out. sorry I cant be of more help

I've read that it helps to put some antibacterial gel on it such as polysporin or neosporin on it. Personally, I just dabb it with some hydrogen peroxide a few times with a q-tip, and then I left it alone with putting anything else on it. I nor anyone can assure that it will not scar. I also read on this board that putting some vitamin E oil on it may help.

Just dont put benz peroxide or any of the spot treatments on it. Those things dry out the skin and make the pimple crusty and much more likely to scar then if it was left alone.

same here. I always care about the zits or pimples but always accidentally "pick" it. However, some which i didn't pop are still get scars. So just hope it won't scar. I still don't get it , why other people do not scar while they are picking and popping it?