Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nori

Moisturizer for oily skin?

it seems that most people with acne problems have dry skin, but I in the other hand, have oily skin. Which moisturizer should I use?.

For what i've read Eucerin is mostly for dry skin, i even read that if people with oily skin use it, it would only make their skin more oily, is this true?.

Is the neutrogena healthy skin face lotion spf 15 enough to use it like a moisturizer or do i have to use it with another moisturizer?. (it's not my first time using BP products, but it's been like 2 months or so since i haven't used any --> because of the warning about the neutrogena healthy skin face lotion).

Thanks in advance for all the help you can give me. I'm starting to give this regimen a try and see how it works for me. I just bought the cetaphil cleansing bar and the neutrogena on-the-spot BP, didn't bought the moisturizer because i wasn't sure which one will work better for me for i have oily skin.

Any help will be more than welcome.

My skin is oily too!

I've used Eucerin Skin Renewal, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion, Avon Anew Advanced All-in-One Max lotion, and Eucerin Q10 successfully with the Regimen.

For some reason, Neutrogena oil-free stung me. There is also Neutrogena for sensitive skin, and Neutrogena for combination skin. All are oil-free.

well your oilyness will subside once bp has a chance to work :) as bp dries your skin.

but to keep your skin less irritated, healthy and hydrated you need to used a non comedogenic, oil free moisturiser.

where you from, that way we can recommend some products :)

good luck

thanks so much for your help.

I have another question though :angel: , do i necessarily need to use a moisturizer even if my skin is oily?.

It's still a good idea to use a moisturizer, because BP will dry out your skin even while it's oily. You end up with oily skin that's dry and peeling :(

Just use a small amount of moisturizer, and try blotting your skin during the day with paper towel to remove some of the oil/shine.

A moisturizer you might want to try is called Neutrogena Oil-free for combination skin. It goes on dry and matte on the oily skin areas while keeping the dry areas moisturized.

well your oilyness will subside once bp has a chance to work :) as bp dries your skin.

but to keep your skin less irritated, healthy and hydrated you need to used a non comedogenic, oil free moisturiser.

where you from, that way we can recommend some products :)

good luck

that's the problem, maybe you won't know very much about the products down here, lol... i'm from Panama, but i when i went to buy the other products i saw most of the products that people recommended.

Ok so it IS important to use a moisturizer, thanks for clearing that out.

If you are unable to find our recommended brands in Panama, just try to look for a gentle unmedicated cleanser. Something for sensitive skin might be good. Any 2.5% benzoyl peroxide should be fine, and look for a moisturizer that is oil-free and says that it won't clog pores (non-comedogenic). If you can find products that fit those descriptions, you should be ready to start the CSR.