Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bob Smith

Guys have it worse than girls

its not really fair b/c guys have to shave, and for me at least, that is what kills me

-bob

I use an electric razor and it doesn't break me out at all, maybe try that.

i used to use electric, and then just switched to manual a couple days ago. the electric still caused me to break out along my cheeks

-bob

Guest Cerebus

I used to get breakouts when i used a flat foil electric razor... like...

IPB Image

... i have one with three heads now, like...

IPB Image

... with no irritation or breakout. Have you thought about trying out a different razor kind? Also, oils are regarded as the devil on here with regards to acne... but a friend of mine who wet (manual) shaves who had acne swear by shaving oils, rather than gel/foams. I always prefer shaving gels myself for a wet shave.

it seems like the three head one would cause more irritation. have you tried the flat electric razor?

thanks,

bob

Guest Cerebus

Yes, that was my point. the direct contact with the foil on the flat one (regardless of whether its the hypo-allergienic kind of foil or not) caused way more irritation than with the 3 headed one. I use a 3 headed one now, and it doesn't irritate me.

Yes, that was my point. the direct contact with the foil on the flat one (regardless of whether its the hypo-allergienic kind of foil or not) caused way more irritation than with the 3 headed one. I use a 3 headed one now, and it doesn't irritate me.

3 headed has worked for me as well. You can shave over active pimples and not irritate them nearly as much as with a standard razor. plus chicks love the stubble left by electric.

Guest Cerebus

I use the previous model to this one...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001HYJV...lance&n=3760901

... though i don't use the coolskin stuff. It's a good shaver though.

Here's a list of all the Philishave/Norelco ones on Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_hpc/102-...=0&Go.y=0&Go=Go

And bump to the ''girls like the stubble'' ;) ... it's not long or bad, and you can always shave it more than once a day without being irritated if you're one of those guys who gets stubble growth fast. Plus, no ingrown hairs with this... least not for me.

thanks man,

ill take a look, my parents arent gunna be too happy though. they already bought me the electric single foil, and and just a few days ago, the manual - haha whatevs

peace

bob

Us girls suffer too in a roundabout way. I wax a lot of my face as I am cursed with really pale skin and really dark hair. So, yeah, I wax about every 3 weeks (my chin, my lip and the sides of my face) and within two days I breakout pretty bad. It's a tradeoff so I don't look like a hairy beast...nothing worse than a pretty girl with a mustache.

Hair removal in general is not conducive to acne-free skin.

Good luck, gentlemen.

:)

id say its even steven when it comes to acne/guy/girl trade off

because

girls are more allowed to wear makeup and cover up than guys, so if a guy wears coverup he feels anxious someone wil notice.

but guys also can grow beards etc to cover some pimples etc.

girls are naturally "supposed" to have super clear skin an look perfect, thanks to all the adverts an stuf in current society heh. so when they dont they feel bad i guess.

and cant grow a beard either to coverup some of the imperfections

but

can wear lots of makeup an its "normal"

i say its even :D

not at all, some girls who have acne buy the worng makecup and make it worse, whereas we buy the wrong shavers and make it worse.

plus, as dami4n says, guys probs dont notice girls acne cause they can cover it up, where as we can (but dont want to lol)

i know some girls in collage who have acne, and there like me by saying "im a moose, look at my face" but they are beautiful :)

i guess we "think" we look unattractive with acne, but some ppl i talk to say "i didnt really notice until you mentioned it" but i still feel insecure around ppl tho, because "i" know i have acne.S:

ah well lol, damn red marks lol

Guest Cerebus

Us girls suffer too in a roundabout way. I wax a lot of my face as I am cursed with really pale skin and really dark hair. So, yeah, I wax about every 3 weeks (my chin, my lip and the sides of my face) and within two days I breakout pretty bad. It's a tradeoff so I don't look like a hairy beast...nothing worse than a pretty girl with a mustache.

Good luck, gentlemen.

If you're gonna be doing that for the rest of your days, why don't you get it lasered so it doesn't grow back again? I'm sure your skin would look bad for a week or so (that's a guess) from the lasering, maybe even less... it's better than a big breakout every couple of weeks for the rest of your life though isn't it?

not at all, some girls who have acne buy the worng makecup and make it worse, whereas we buy the wrong shavers and make it worse.

plus, as dami4n says, guys probs dont notice girls acne cause they can cover it up, where as we can (but dont want to lol)

i know some girls in collage who have acne, and there like me by saying "im a moose, look at my face" but they are beautiful :)

i guess we "think" we look unattractive with acne, but some ppl i talk to say "i didnt really notice until you mentioned it" but i still feel insecure around ppl tho, because "i" know i have acne.S:

ah well lol, damn red marks lol

yeah but all shavers irritate to some extent, some make-ups do and some don't

3 headed has worked for me as well. You can shave over active pimples and not irritate them nearly as much as with a standard razor. plus chicks love the stubble left by electric.

What chicks like stubble?

Noone I know.

id say its even steven when it comes to acne/guy/girl trade off

because

girls are more allowed to wear makeup and cover up than guys, so if a guy wears coverup he feels anxious someone wil notice.

but guys also can grow beards etc to cover some pimples etc.

girls are naturally "supposed" to have super clear skin an look perfect, thanks to all the adverts an stuf in current society heh. so when they dont they feel bad i guess.

and cant grow a beard either to coverup some of the imperfections

but

can wear lots of makeup an its "normal"

i say its even :D

yeah i totally agree with you cus guys have to shave and girls wax and sometimes girls do wear the wrong makeup and girls really realy really really care about how they look!!!!!!!! big time and i know guys do to but if a girl has one zit they freak out!!!! but yeah were equal!!!!

Good luck, gentlemen.

If you're gonna be doing that for the rest of your days, why don't you get it lasered so it doesn't grow back again? I'm sure your skin would look bad for a week or so (that's a guess) from the lasering, maybe even less... it's better than a big breakout every couple of weeks for the rest of your life though isn't it?

Yeah, that would make much more sense, but I've never done it due to cost. I just can't seem to justify a big purchase like that when I work part-time and have a family. I already have to budget my CSR stuff, so maybe once the kid is older and less expensive...hehe

Actually, shaving helps prevent pimples for me. I use an electric shaver then go over it with a razor.

Guest Cerebus

What chicks like stubble?

Noone I know.

Most women like it. Girls may not. ;)

its not really fair b/c guys have to shave, and for me at least, that is what kills me

-bob

Girls have hormones to deal with :doubt: "nuff said.