Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fashionista

Head & Shoulders results..

Has anyone had any good results from using Head & Shoulders on their body acne? If so, how long did it take for you to see it?

I've been using it for maybe 5-6 days and I havent really seen any improvement. I've been putting polysporin cream on my acne and acne scars as well but not really seeing much difference with that either.

I had mild but persistent acne on my back and chest and after about 3.5 months of using head and shoulders classic clean as body wash and spraying dilluted tea tree oil on my back and chest i am completely clear! its pretty amazing i dont know which product did it but im continuing to use both!

sorry to hear that wasting_days_away!

I guess I read that people were getting results right away and it made my hopes higher then they should be. Im thinking of switching from H&S to Tea Tree Oil soap. H&S is drying me out big time and I dont think Im seeing results (I think I have mild/moderate persistant acne on my back).

I mixed half water with half TTO and shook it up to make a toner type thing. Will that work for me or did I dillute too much? :wacko:

thats 2 mcuh tto... have it be like 10% not 50!

btw ur bacne looked just like mine... i think u should stick to H&S Plus TTO Toner takes time to notice results

I showered with a TTO bar soap and put on 100% TTO and now I have 4 small active pimples on my back :(

100% was far too much for my face but my body seemed to handle it okay. My toner seems to be more of 40% but I'm sure it'll be alright for my body since 100% was fine.

Should I maybe use H&S in the morning and TTO at night?

I started using head n shoulders last week. its works good for me...so far. its "sensitive care" it has aloe in it. i use it after exfoliating with baking soda.

I do that in the morning and spray some Apple cider vinegar on it at night. baking soda seem to work better at night though with the ACV.

My acne on my back is a lil more severe(more cyst like) but since i started using H&S i havent any cyst's mabee just 1 or to lil ones. also i think the aloe in the h&s keeps my skin moisturized which helps too bc now i dont have to put moisturizer on my back.

It's working great for me! I'm almost clear now, there's just redmarks.

I know some dandruff shampoos have antifungals... head and shoulders contains something with zinc, don't know if it's antifungal. I also know some dandruff shampoos, on top of being antifungals, cut back on oil production. Maybe some people get results quickly if the cause of their "acne" is fungal, while others it might take longer since they have bacterial acne and it takes longer for the shampoo to significantly cut back on the oil clogging their pores / feeding the bacteria.

That's my guess....

I should mention...

H&S Intensive Treatment is pH balanced! It doesn't dry my skin out.