Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sgt Pepper

Glycolic Acid Users CHECK THIS OUT! PICS

did u apply any moisturiser to the effected area or did u jus keep it very dry.

Secondly, What do you think of aloe vera for skin marks/scars as people always say it is great for healing. Your answers would be appreciated. Thanks.

i didn't apply anything to it for the first 48hrs or so...apart from a bit of antiseptic cream. But then i did pat in some moisturiser as the scab tends to get get dry and brittle and snap off, taking a piece thats not finished healing yet.

So you go out looking like that?

Ive been indoors until now, there's no way id strut around a shopping center with them crusts, but now i don't mind, its hardly noticable and id rather be walking around now than how i was over a week ago.

re you thinking about doin another peel, if you dont think your quite perfect enough already?!

no, im very satisfied with how i look now. And doing a peel would be a bit dangerous as my skin is delicate in that area. I'd have to wait a minimum of 6 months until i could do a harsh one.

if my acne breaks out and i get tons of scars and marks then i would do it again.

Possibly you may still be swolled and inperfections may return
its not swollen at all and not sensitive to touch. it was swollen the first two days but quickly went down. there's no way these kind of marks could return....they're at the bottom of the bin with the pieces of skin. lol

WHY dont we already know this method of using Glycolic acid, imagine the money being pumped into acne scams etc

it does, but its mainly done in clinics. I found dozens of clinics/beauty centers in my area that do upto 80% treatments that last 2 hours. but these cost hundreds. Plus some people just don't feel confident with doing this sort of thing.

would this work on large pores?

Yeah of course. I had plenty of them by the sides of my nose and now you can barely see them.

What do you think of aloe vera for skin marks/scars as people always say it is great for healing

I did the aloe vera thing for a few months in the past. It did make my skin softer and seemed to cool it but it didn't do anything for marks or acne.

Thanks for replying, your a star!

i owe u LARGE

Guest nec77

so you just applied the stuff on your face for 45 min? did you use a fan? did you peel it off after that? i use a glycolic wash so its a little different. (i think) :doubt: .

It really looks great. I wanna try this but I'm scared too.

then i would advise you not to do it, you should be mentaly prepared for the slightly more stinging feeling than usual and of course the drastic visual change.

so you just applied the stuff on your face for 45 min? did you use a fan? did you peel it off after that? i use a glycolic wash so its a little different. (i think)

no, didn't use a fan. One thing i forgot to say is that you have to be extremely carefull when doing it not to get it into your eyes, for obvious reasons. A fan may blow a few droplets into your eye...if its powerfull enough.

when i did it, i wore sunglasses.

Alos another thing that i didn't mention is that i also applied 6 generous layers with a fan brush.

Its acid so there's isn't anything to peel once you've stood the time, you have to neutralize it with bi-carbonate of soda (3 times) and flush it with cool water for 15 minutes

Guest nec77

where'd you get the glycolic acid? by 6 layers you mean brush it on your face once, wait a few min. then another layer? what is bi-carbonate of soda? can you be more specific here:

you have to neutralize it with bi-carbonate of soda (3 times) and flush it with cool water for 15 minutes

where'd you get the glycolic acid? by 6 layers you mean brush it on your face once, wait a few min. then another layer? what is bi-carbonate of soda? can you be more specific here:

you have to neutralize it with bi-carbonate of soda (3 times) and flush it with cool water for 15 minutes
what do you mean 3 times and by 'flush'?

thanks

yea thats basically what layering is. by flush, he just means to wash off.

I think MENTALLY, I am ready. I think I am just scared of myself messing it up somehow and deforming my skin. Physically, not so much afraid of the stinging sensation. I mean, I've done worse to my skin in efforts of making it flawless, you know? I guess I want to be absolutely SURE that even if it doesn't yeild great results like it did with you, that it doesn't damage my skin. It's a tough decision, it had to be a tough one for you to make as well, even though you did a lot of research. Or maybe it wasn't tough for you at all, but I know it'd be tough for me. I'm really glad you decided to log your proccess. It's so much better to see pics of process from a real person on a message board versus reading a review on a website by what could be a paid customer and zero pics to judge from. I hope you don't mind me coming back and asking you more questions if they come up. :)

Guest nec77

but how does that work with the acid, using bi-carbdonate of soda 3 times ( i guess you put that on your face 3 times) and then wash w/ cool water for 5 min. after each time (5*3= 15 min?). im confused lol

but how does that work with the acid, using bi-carbdonate of soda 3 times ( i guess you put that on your face 3 times) and then wash w/ cool water for 5 min. after each time (5*3= 15 min?). im confused lol

what dont you get?

put on 1 layer of acid

wait 30 secs

put on next layer

wait 30 secs

repeat til you do however many layers you want

bicarbonate of soda is just baking soda. mix with water and put it on your face to neutralize the acid. just apply to your face, then wash it off with water and do it over again. then just keep putting water on your face for 5 minutes or so.

I want to be absolutely SURE that even if it doesn't yeild great results like it did with you, that it doesn't damage my skin

Then do a strong peel but for 10 minutes. I wouldn't advise you to go out there and do a 45min as i may have less sensitive skin.

If the 10min goes well then do another in a few weeks.

Researching these strong peels i found out that your enemy is not the depth of the peel as such, but blisters. You can't tell if you're going to get blisters when doing the treatment and only an hour or so later, when the skin starts to 'weep'...its best to avoid blisters.

As you can see from my first few pics, the skin is 'weeping' the blister fluid. whatever you do you should not try to wipe the blisters or pop them. They contain sterile liquid that helps the skin heal.

i made the mistake of popping two. And the few very light marks that i have on my face are not whats left over from my previous marks but where the blisters had been.

This is fascinating - thanks for posting the pics so diligently, Sgt Pepper... looks like you're getting great results. Are you using sunscreen now? Also, it would be great if you'd post another pic in like a week or so, to see how the healing process finishes up.

It's looking really good. If it looked this good after 12 days think of what its going to look like in another 12 days!

Guest nec77

yep, if it works then he's a hero. if it dosent then he's a loser :P

i hope it works :)

wow your red marks were almost fade!

but your face look like being slap by your girlfriend.

puhahaa.

keep updating us with new pics.

^__^

Are you using sunscreen now?

yeah of course, or else id get blotchy and uneven skin tone. Not to mention skin cancer.

your face look like being slap by your girlfriend.

puhahaa.

....nothing new there then

Can you tell how often you've had a 70% glycolic acid peeling before this treatment. Just to see how thick you're skin is or rather was. Were there any kind of stages in this 45 min like special reddening or special pain. Sounds stupid. I know and probably there wasn't. But i wanna rank your skin.

Can you tell how often you've had a 70% glycolic acid peeling before this treatment. Just to see how thick you're skin is or rather was. Were there any kind of stages in this 45 min like special reddening or special pain. Sounds stupid. I know and probably there wasn't. But i wanna rank your skin.

Its a 50% Glycolic acid peel that i used, I've never done one before this one. I have in the past used 30% tca and glycolic peels with no real results.

When you apply the acid and leave it for a moment the skin takes on a frosty appearance. It goes a translucent white and only goes red hours later.

During the 45 minutes the stinging gradualy got more severe as expected.

Dude, you've got balls.

indeed i have

You'll have great skin for few days, then acne'll come back, there will be new redmarks and you'll do this INSANE again... Some like it eXtreeme way, but you all should consider risks, advantages and disadvantages...

Don't play with acids...

Are you using sunscreen now?

yeah of course, or else id get blotchy and uneven skin tone. Not to mention skin cancer.

your face look like being slap by your girlfriend.

puhahaa.

....nothing new there then

Can I ask which sunscreen you are using? Also have you ever tried Mario Badescu Products? If so what are your views on them? Has anyone else ever tried Mario Badescu? If so what are your views?

Its a 50% Glycolic acid peel that i used, I've never done one before this one. I have in the past used 30% tca and glycolic peels with no real results.

I wanna know about those normal glycolic peels in the past. I'd like to try this treatment but i've used only 30 % glycolic acid so far. I've less sensitive skin but i guess your's a bit thicker. Would you reckon up those glycolic peels and is 30% tca aggressive?

I have lots of red marks but i have some wich are like a year or so old and there the main ones is it possible to do this 45min peel on eac indervidual mark?

I asked my mother's derm about using this, and she told me I'm too young and I don't even need it. How discouraging. She instead gave me this clinique spot treatment gel with fricken 1% salicylic acid, in which I am using 2.5% NOW. How frustrating.