Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NdnRomeo

Picture of my nose, is this rosacea? How can I fix this?

Hello Everyone, my name is Patrick. I'm curious as to what this problem is on my nose. It's really red alot of the times with really small bumps. :cry: I am desperate to know what it is. I currently don't have enough money to go to a dermatologist. Here's a picture of it.

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/4829/left9en.jpg/

Be warned, it's not too pretty.

As you can see, it's really red, and oily.

What do you think it is? How can I cure the redness? I hate it! Especially because my skin is light, it makes it alot worse. :cry:

I hope you all can help me. I am really sad by this. I wonder if there is anything that is out there that I can use that isn't prescription only.

I've never seen that before. is it rosacea (is that what its called)? I've never seen that either. just guessing

I have no idea :( I am hoping someone here may know. It's really bad as you can see.

looks like cold sores tho it usually occur near the nostril if it were the case...

dunno

yeah, it would be better if you just didnt listen to me. ignore what i said :P

edit: have you tried using a toner/astringent for the redness?

yeah, it would be better if you just didnt listen to me. ignore what i said :P

edit: have you tried using a toner/astringent for the redness?

Hehe, yes, I also use toners or else it will turn twice as bad.

looks like cold sores tho it usually occur near the nostril if it were the case...

dunno

Hmm. I don't believe that may be it, since they usually happen near the lips and the sides and other places.

that doesn't particularly look like Rosacea, but I'm definitely not a doctor.

Have you ever tried bp on the area? What happened?

that doesn't particularly look like Rosacea, but I'm definitely not a doctor.

Have you ever tried bp on the area? What happened?

After trying a cycle of benzyl peroxide, the skin became dry, flakey, and even redder due to more irritation. Even when I leave it alone, it stays that red. :(

what strength bp did you try?

Also, you could have your regular family physician take a look at it, you don't necessarily have to see a derm.

what strength bp did you try?

Also, you could have your regular family physician take a look at it, you don't necessarily have to see a derm.

Good call, I am asking one of my cousins as well.

I tried 10%

the 10% is probably why you got red and dry and flaky. It is pretty strong.

Have you considered a lesser strength bp? Like the 2.5% that Dan recommends?

the 10% is probably why you got red and dry and flaky. It is pretty strong.

Have you considered a lesser strength bp? Like the 2.5% that Dan recommends?

I only tried it for a week, that was a year ago. With it, I had alot more oil and acne. I have also tried lesser strength, but any drying agent seemed to inflame my redness more, so I simply try to avoid it. Do you think it has something to do with my blood flow? I wonder if exercise would help, or worsen it?

I really have no idea.

It's only on the sides of your nose?

does it itch? hurt? anything?

have you tried anything else for it?

I suppose it might be a very mild case of rosacea.

might just have your doc take a peek and see.

It looks like to me that it's a similar kind of skin issue that I had treated @ the dermatologist... So I would definitely see one b/c the medication is only one of prescription... I can't remember the name of the skin disorder for the life of me (wasn't really a major problem for me) but it definitely had to do w/ discoloration just like that...

It looks like to me that it's a similar kind of skin issue that I had treated @ the dermatologist... So I would definitely see one b/c the medication is only one of prescription... I can't remember the name of the skin disorder for the life of me (wasn't really a major problem for me) but it definitely had to do w/ discoloration just like that...

Wow! There's hope.

Did it completely go away for yourself? I am glad that you said that it's medication through prescription because if it was a laser treatment, I would have been unhappy due to the cost.

So naturally I have a few questions, which I really hope you can try your best to remember. How much did the medication cycle cost you (if you can remember), and how long did it take to go away for yourself? I would really like to know!

Any more information would be great on this news!

I really have no idea.

It's only on the sides of your nose?

does it itch? hurt? anything?

have you tried anything else for it?

I suppose it might be a very mild case of rosacea.

might just have your doc take a peek and see.

Thanks :) It may just be, or some discoloration, as the above poster said. It's just on the sides of my nose as well, which doesn't itch or hurt at all. It's strange.

Hey, yeah -- definitely see the dermatologist...

My story is quite different... I went in to seek help with shoulder/back acne, and I was prescribed the typical duac and retinee-micro stuff, but I was also prescribed this thick, brown sort of cleanser that was completely unrelated to acne altogether. Obviously confused, I looked it up on the internet, and it turned out to be a treatment for brown/red sort of discoloration of the skin...I wish I could remember any substantial facts for you regarding it, but I really didn't put much stock into it as I felt the entire thing was quite unecessary for me in actuality as I really only cared about my acne problem...

Ya gotta go see the dermatologist, if for anything, just to see what your options are...

Hey, yeah -- definitely see the dermatologist...

My story is quite different... I went in to seek help with shoulder/back acne, and I was prescribed the typical duac and retinee-micro stuff, but I was also prescribed this thick, brown sort of cleanser that was completely unrelated to acne altogether. Obviously confused, I looked it up on the internet, and it turned out to be a treatment for brown/red sort of discoloration of the skin...I wish I could remember any substantial facts for you regarding it, but I really didn't put much stock into it as I felt the entire thing was quite unecessary for me in actuality as I really only cared about my acne problem...

Ya gotta go see the dermatologist, if for anything, just to see what your options are...

Thank you :) It's ok that you can't remember. As long as I know it's out there it gives me a bit of hope. I just have to save up for my visit, I honestly have no idea how much they cost just for a visit?