Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ozboy

does milk increase acne?

i drink alot of milk in my diet, i hav eliminated every other food from my diet that i consum regularly except for milk and i still get acne, then i read somewhere that milk contain alot of hormones, is this true? can milk cause acne for some people?

i drink alot of milk in my diet, i hav eliminated every other food from my diet that i consum regularly except for milk and i still get acne, then i read somewhere that milk contain alot of hormones, is this true? can milk cause acne for some people?

i just came onto the boards to ask that same question! i don't know. i love milk. especialy the one they sell back in portugal. it tastes so much better. i drink liturally a litre a day or more.

I know for a fact that everytime i drink milk, i don't break out immediately like the next day but in about a week, i get cystic like acne. So i haven't drank milk for a long time. But everyone's body is different so you might have to experiment.

I've read it does, since I started drinking milk my acne got worse, never realized that, about 4 days ago I stopped drinking milk...

I just read an article in the May 2006 Dermatology Online journal about milk causing acne in teenage girls. They did a study and found that there was a higher incidence of acne occuring in the girls who had a higher milk consumption, and it didn't matter whether it was whole or skim milk. I believe it, all dairy products cause me to break out.

I just read an article in the May 2006 Dermatology Online journal about milk causing acne in teenage girls. They did a study and found that there was a higher incidence of acne occuring in the girls who had a higher milk consumption, and it didn't matter whether it was whole or skim milk. I believe it, all dairy products cause me to break out.

could you provide a link? I'd love to read that article.

Especially as milk has been practically PUSHED down females throats the past decade over fear of osteoporosis later in life.

http://dermatology.cdlib.org/124/original/acne/danby.html

above is the milk article,

--------------------------------------------

not related to milk, but in that issue of dermatology journal, there is an article regarding cleanser for acne skin...

after reading it, the conclusion of the article is.

"More studies are needed to assess the best agent for acne control and to answer whether different agents may be attractive to groups with variant forms of acne."

... *laugh*

OK, thanks for nothing, +1 published article for you!

Not for everyone. But eliminating it has helped some people. But definitely take a calcium + Vitamin D supplement if you're going to stop drinking milk... It makes me so sad to think of a life without dairy, thank God that will never happen to me!

good call on the calcium pills, im gonna start getting those cause ive had to eliminate milk from my diet...it deifnitely causes me to break out more and without a doubt makes my zits much bigger. even my father has mentioned to me that if he drinks chocolate milk he ends up with zits. i dont think he drinks much regular milk. it sucks cause i love it so much and all my roommates have it all the time plus they load cheese on all their food and i always look like a jackass when i say no to the cheese and milk.

Yes, stop.

i drink about 1 gallon of milk every 2 days or so doesn't seem to make me break out

it doesnt seem to break you out but you have acne?

Keep in mind that his acne does not HAVE to be caused by milk. Just because it causes acne in some doesn't mean it's the universal cause of acne. His acne may not even be diet-related. That's a possibility too.

Keep in mind that his acne does not HAVE to be caused by milk. Just because it causes acne in some doesn't mean it's the universal cause of acne. His acne may not even be diet-related. That's a possibility too.

uhm....heres whats funny...i used to think all you people were on something to think diet is the source of acne but i gave it a shot...so i took out milk and some other stuff and saw no difference....thing is meanwhile i would be going out every weekend getting boozed, goin out the next day eating some pizza,,,,stuff like that. so then i was alright ill try this again did it without alcohol but would still eat bagels, cream cheese etc....so again i came to the conclusion acne is not related to diet and stayed that way thinking youre all crazy getting breakouts every day for the next year....then i talked to someone who got clear skin after having their face full of cysts and they said :diet. so i gave it another try...this time i took my time with it watched everything i ate at the expense of bein laughed at by my buddies...point is my face started to clear.....aye i know it wont work for everyone but i know that people are like me where they dont see the connection bc other stuff theyre doin is affecting their breakouts....im not saying this cause i wana be right...just saying i went through years of daily breakouts cause of not really testing the diet connection right...

uhm....heres whats funny...i used to think all you people were on something to think diet is the source of acne but i gave it a shot...so i took out milk and some other stuff and saw no difference....thing is meanwhile i would be going out every weekend getting boozed, goin out the next day eating some pizza,,,,stuff like that. so then i was alright ill try this again did it without alcohol but would still eat bagels, cream cheese etc....so again i came to the conclusion acne is not related to diet and stayed that way getting breakouts every day for the next year....then i talked to someone who got clear skin after having their face full of cysts and they said :diet. so i gave it another try...this time i took my time with it watched everything i ate at the expense of bein laughed at by my buddies...point is my face started to clear.....aye i know it wont work for everyone but i know that people are like me where they dont see the connection bc other stuff theyre doin is affecting their breakouts....im not saying this cause i wana be right...just saying i went through years of daily breakouts cause of not really testing the diet connection right...

I hear ya. I sorta did the same thing. I wouldn't go all the way testing something but go 90% dairy or gluten free, which doesn't make sense. It wasn't until I threw myself in 100% that the results followed.

Guest papillon

I don't drink milk. Yuck.. I hate milk. I don't think milk made me breakout worse or less, but I didn't feel good about drinking it when I used to.

They inject milking cows with hormones so that they produce more milk. This is a fact. I'm not making it up.

By the way, european milk probably tastes better because they have stricter regulations in regards to food. European milk contains less puss and blood per mL than American milk. (You can google about this. I don't have the link with me at this moment.. it's 3:44 a.m. I'm sleepy, but can't sleep.. =o[ )

What is in milk that causes it?

I know that milk is high in saturated fat, which can screw around with your hormones, which in turn can maybe cause acne.

But what about skim milk? What's in it that's bad?

Wish I lived in California... when I was there, they had raw milk, right in the grocery store. May sound weird to the uninitiated - 'won't that make you sick?' But it was a really good company making it, they fed their cows only grass, no hormones, no antibiotics, and they routinely inspected the milk to make sure it didn't have harmful organisms etc. That's the way milk was meant to be.

What is in milk that causes it?

I know that milk is high in saturated fat, which can screw around with your hormones, which in turn can maybe cause acne.

But what about skim milk? What's in it that's bad?

There's nothing in milk that specifically causes acne in everybody, but for people whose acne is related to milk, I think it has to do with a very mild reaction to lactose (the sugar in milk). Also, milk from cows injected with BGH may have something to do with it, though there are no conclusive studies that show that BGH affects the human body, though the possibility is strongly suspected.

recently tested this myself...i don't want to beleive it but the results pointed towards milk causing me breakouts

i had totally clear skin last sunday and never used to drink milk...i started to drink it again from last sunday to today (the following friday) and in this period i have had NINE pimple - 3 of which were really quite big for me - i don't often get big pimples.

So i'm gunna stop drinking milk again and try and get my protein & calcium from somewhere else!

I wouldn't recomend not drinking milk. I had two little pimples left I was useing Aloe Vera for about two months and all of a sudden I told my mom I'd stop drinking milk because I thouhgt it was the cause of my acne. About one week later I broke out I had like 30 huge pimples. I was so close to clear skin and I had to stop. Now the aloe vera isn't helping me at all!

I wouldn't recomend not drinking milk. I had two little pimples left I was useing Aloe Vera for about two months and all of a sudden I told my mom I'd stop drinking milk because I thouhgt it was the cause of my acne. About one week later I broke out I had like 30 huge pimples. I was so close to clear skin and I had to stop. Now the aloe vera isn't helping me at all!

so if not having milk was what made you breakout then why did you have acne while drinking milk before aloe vera? :ninja:

so if not having milk was what made you breakout then why did you have acne while drinking milk before aloe vera? :ninja:

I'm assuming that s/he was treating red marks or residual acne.