Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ruby1234

rubys new regime

i have been on a regime of my own for nearly 5 months and while it did keep me relatively clear i suffered dry skin and still had breakouts occuring. After doing some research i found whilst i always wanted to incorporate a BHA into my regime (and thought i was doing a great job in the cleanser i had!!) i discovered it was actually useless as a) it was in a cleanser and got washed straight off and b) wasnt at the right ph to have been effective. I also felt that the cleanser may have been a little too harsh for my skin. I have now formulated a new regime, which is posted in my sig. This post is basically to be able to track how effective, it is and how long developments take to occur.

Fingers crossed :rolleyes:

ok been on my new regime for 2 days now. just so i remember when i started i had two active papules and seven red marks. papules have dried up well

all old zits have healed nicely now. I had one new pimple on my chin today and my skin was a little dry. overall though i am loving this new regime far my skin feels so nice and clean and red marks have diminished a little

skin was a little dry and flakey today. no new spots. i am going to alter my regime to to the 2%bha in the morning and 8%aha at night and see what happens!!!

skin looking really good today. no new pimples and nicely hydrated. still bothered by red marks but hopefully they will fade

day 5

got two new pimples today no biggies just like congested pores really..they dont have a whitehead or anything. i also have a weird cluster of small bumps on my right cheek. again these are hardly visable and only felt them when i was cleansing my face. i am really hoping this is just a slight purging effect of the bha?!

day 6

skin looking really good still have the clump of blocked pores on my right check but they are not red or anything. i did a really light manual exfoliation with epidermix tonight only lightly for a few minutes but it removed a lot of dead skin off the surface. hopefully it wont cause a breakout!!

day 7

skin looking really good today. no new pimples :dance: i think the epidermix help cleared a lot of dead skin..i may do this twice a week. the red marks are bothering me..but at the moment im more focused on preventing new breakouts.

day 8

i am loving this new regime..my skin has never looked this good not one active pimple and the red marks are fading!!! but as we know in the world of acne we never know how long these results will last

day 11

received paulas choice 8% alpha hydroxy solutions and am now using this at night to provide surface exfoliation and hopefully to help with red marks. have only been using this for 2 days so still early days. however i have still had no new breakouts!!! however i am rapidly approaching my monthly breakout time so i will report back as to how my skin behaves itself during that time. but so far i am very very pleased

day 12

have added an alcohol free witch hazel toner of a night purely to help remove make up residue as i was finding there was still some left over after using make up remover towelette and cleanser. we will see how it goes any dryness or breakouts and i will bin it

just over three weeks of my new regime,

so far i have had just one little pimple the size of a match head yesterday, but it is that time of the month and i usually get a chin full so im very happy. my ultimate aim with this new regime was to stay clear and eventually faze out the bp. today i started apply half a finger instead of a whole finger so i will see if this causes any problems

ok as of tomorrow i am going to try applying the bp of a night only. i dont have any problems with using bp at all except that it is proving IMPOSSIBLE to apply make up over it during the day. and my skin looks so good that its dissapointing to see my make up go all flakey and fall off!! so this is strictly a trial i am a little scared as to how this will go..but i wont know till i try!!

skin looking and feelng really good no new zits, old one dissapeared in a day. gave it a light manual exfoliation tonight with epidermix. couldnt believe how much dead skin was on the surface. my face now feels so smooth. today is the first day of only using bp at night. i am really hoping that will be enough to keep me clear

okay have only been using bp of a night for 2 days. i have decided to start back up using the bp during the day, for two reasons. one, i thought the flakey make up application was due to the bp but even without it the make up application is still flakey, so clearly its my skin not the bp that is causing the flakeyness..hehehe and secondly i got two tiny pimples today, probably not related as its only been two days without the bp..but still i dont want to risk it.