Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LabGirl81

Smoothie recipies

Okay I need some help. I'm getting braces and right now I have an appliance (no not like a dishwasher) on the roof of my mouth with wires and metal things sticking out of it. I have always suffererd from recurrent aphthous ulcers in response to mechanical irritation (biting my cheek or tounge) or chemical irritation (sodiul lauryl sulfate in toothpaste, capsaisin, cinnamon aldehyde, citric acid, and salty foods). I've managed to control them and I only get them really if I bite my cheek or decide to eat Indian or Thai foods...........

But this thing is giving me issues. It's like ripping my mouth apart.....It will be here for 24-30 months and I have to just get used to it.........

In the meantime I've got like a gazillion canker sores where it's rubbing on my tounge and cheeks.....I don't even have the braces yet.....

Plus eating is a pain, since I have to clean it religiously and it's a pain to clean.........

So share your smoothie recipies......... I need them to be nutritionally complete and substitute for meals until this stuff heals up and also to maybe have for breakfast when I wake up late and can't spend a 20 minutes cleaning this thing........

Oh and any canker sore (aphthous ulcer) remedies would be appreciated......

4-5 Frozen strawberries + 1 banana + 1-2 oranges or tangerines, maybe add in a little yogurt or sherbet if you like. Makes 2.

mmmmm....

Edit: To replace some of the other stuff you need, you can buy capsules of powdered protein and other "boosters" but you might try doing soups to get your other food groups in. Also if you're sensitive to citric acid try blueberries instead of oranges... or you could do kiwi. I don't know... I'm a big fan of "cold fruit in a blender" no matter what you throw in there.

For canker sores if you like onion it plenty of that. Onions contain sulfur and have healing properties. Incude natural yogurt or kefir in your diet. Avoid citrus fruits and chewing gum and coffee.

As for some some remedies that work for many people: Belladonna, Echinacea and Borax.

Smoothies.... I usually just throw in a whole bunch of fruit into the blender and add rice. My fave is blueberry/strawberry and ice. lol I'm not too creative with smoothies, sorry.

1 cup of kefir

whatever fruit you like (banana, berries, mango, etc.)

1 tablespoon of coconut oil or another healthy oil (flax, etc.)

1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup, or stevia to taste

Or you can use yogurt instead of kefir, but then you need something to thin it out... maybe fruit juice or almond milk...

You can add a raw egg yolk or two to make it even healthier but I know a lot of people are grossed out by that.

1 cup of kefir

whatever fruit you like (banana, berries, mango, etc.)

1 tablespoon of coconut oil or another healthy oil (flax, etc.)

1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup, or stevia to taste

Or you can use yogurt instead of kefir, but then you need something to thin it out... maybe fruit juice or almond milk...

You can add a raw egg yolk or two to make it even healthier but I know a lot of people are grossed out by that.

I'm actaully okay with egg and stuff....as long as it's mixed in with other stuff.......

I'm actaully okay with egg and stuff....as long as it's mixed in with other stuff.......

You might try finding sterilized egg yolks... If such a product exists... or figuring out a way to sterilize them yourself. Raw eggs can carry salmonella bacteria.

For canker sores if you like onion it plenty of that. Onions contain sulfur and have healing properties. Incude natural yogurt or kefir in your diet. Avoid citrus fruits and chewing gum and coffee.

As for some some remedies that work for many people: Belladonna, Echinacea and Borax.

Smoothies.... I usually just throw in a whole bunch of fruit into the blender and add rice. My fave is blueberry/strawberry and ice. lol I'm not too creative with smoothies, sorry.

rice why would you add rice to a smoothie? i cna understand milk, juice or ice cream but rice?

rice why would you add rice to a smoothie? i cna understand milk, juice or ice cream but rice?

Maybe Ice not Rice? But there are some really good rice-based drinks out there... Horchata, mmmm...

:lol: I read that and thought: what? Then I re-read my quote above your post. Ooooookay, yes I meant to type ice NOT rice. Ive havent heard of rice smoothies either lol

About raw egs causing Salmonella..... They can, although the risk is actually pretty low. There are actually some sauces and dressings that use raw egg.......caesar dressing and hollandaise sauce both use raw egg or slightly warmed (not cooked) raw egg....eggnog and homemade mayo use raw egg too....

I can't count the amount of times I ate cookie dough or cake batter as a kid, and I still do when I bake.......speaking of baking chiffons and mousses often use raw egg...........

1 peach, handful of blueberries, and a few strawberries, cover with almond milk and the protein powder of your choice.

1 peach, handful of blueberries, and a few strawberries, cover with almond milk and the protein powder of your choice.

That sounds pretty good........

Are there certain protein powders that are better than others???

I usually don't use protein powder much, and soy is getting some bad press lately.......

If you cant chew why dont you make some soup, like smokey pea soup, you soak the peas and boil then in a pan with some smoked meat like gammon, then take out the gammon, put the peas in a blender, and then pour them back into the pan. (i would chop up the gammon and add it back to the soup but you may want to give it to a friend lol) walla, smokey pea soup, nice! :) oh if only i could eat pies... pie floater anyone? :drool:

IPB Image

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

seriously ...

I used this when I had gum surgery and couldn't chew anything ... and it tastes great too :D

but you can also eat guacamole made with mashed avocados or

organic smooth nuts butters

IPB Image

you can eat yogurt

or pureed yams or beans or peas

you can make creamy vegetable broths blending boiled onions, carrots, zucchini, celery

as for smoothies Smoothies Recipes

okay, I have two recipes..... however.... I have NO idea if they are really good for you, I just know that after one of my smoothies, you never want anyone elses....

yeah.... they are THAT good

he he he

note: both can use either fresh, canned or frozen of the fruits mentioned.

Berry Smoothie

1 cup ice

1 cup mixed berries (anything with red berries & as long as blueberries are in there too)

1/2 can of the frozen bacardi strawberry daquari mix or a few spoons of frozen fruit punch mix

1-2 table spoons of sugar (optional)

1 large jar of strawberry baby food (this is the secret ingredient!!! :ninja: )

Blend together slowly until really smooth.... add more ice depending on how thick you like it (I like mine to eat with a spoon thick!)

Peach/Mango Smoothie- might be better cuz no seeds

1 cup ice

1 cup mixed fruits (peaches/mango only)

1/2 can of the frozen "peach punch" type of mix

1-2 table spoons of sugar (optional)

1 large jar of apricot baby food (hard to find)

same as above!

These are pretty sweet and great in the summer...... soooooo good! :drool:

That sounds pretty good........

Are there certain protein powders that are better than others???

I usually don't use protein powder much, and soy is getting some bad press lately.......

I really like Goatein by Garden of Life but admittedly I havn't had any in a while, but it's very good, pure, stuff.....it has vanilla added to it so it's not nasty tasting.

About raw egs causing Salmonella..... They can, although the risk is actually pretty low. There are actually some sauces and dressings that use raw egg.......caesar dressing and hollandaise sauce both use raw egg or slightly warmed (not cooked) raw egg....eggnog and homemade mayo use raw egg too....

I can't count the amount of times I ate cookie dough or cake batter as a kid, and I still do when I bake.......speaking of baking chiffons and mousses often use raw egg...........

Yeah the risk is miniscule. But I think it's safer to use organic eggs if you're going to have them raw.

I also am going through retainers at the moment (invisalign). Did your ortho not give you any wax to put on your sore spots? I have also had other retainers in the past and they have always given me wax to put on my retainers in any spot where they were rubbing against my gums/cheeks to lessen the irritation. When all else fails though, I usually use ambesol!

Okay I need some help. I'm getting braces and right now I have an appliance (no not like a dishwasher) on the roof of my mouth with wires and metal things sticking out of it. I have always suffererd from recurrent aphthous ulcers in response to mechanical irritation (biting my cheek or tounge) or chemical irritation (sodiul lauryl sulfate in toothpaste, capsaisin, cinnamon aldehyde, citric acid, and salty foods).

I get the same thing from cinnamon flavoring. Once the dental hygienists used cinnamon flavored paste on me. My whole mouth became raw and extremely painful- I couldn't eat for weeks and became skinny.