Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Tribesâ„¢

starting the regimen without moisturizer

Yes, of course you will. Moisturizer is key to keeping your skin soft, and prevent it from drying out, due to the drying factor of benzoyl peroxide. You will also not know if the Regimen is working for you. You must practice all 3 steps in order to begin the Regimen properly.

Don't start until you can find an acceptable moisturizer! You won't feel like you need it for the first few days, but you will definitely regret not having one well before 14 days from when you start. The first month is the hardest in terms of dryness and flaking, and you really need to be able to baby your skin with a good oil-free moisturizer. Without one, your face will look even more red and irritated and your skin will feel tight and itchy.

I'm gonna start the regimen without a moisturizer tommorow, i'm gonna buy one next 14 days, am i going to have problems? :redface:

I never used moisturizer on the regimen (only in the winter when i would anyway). My skin is naturally very oily, and I never had any problem.

I second that, you need to start out with a moisturizer. The BP irritates most people's skin at first, and can be excessively drying. When I first started, there were times I applied lotion in the middle of the day because i was that dry. Get it all at once, you really will need it.

I'm going it without moisturizer, I'm just paranoid it will trigger more oil or breakouts.

Moisturizer is evil. All that talk about keeping your skin in balance is nonsense. Since when did dry skin cause people to really breakout as oily skin. All moisturizer serves to do is clog pores and contribute to oilyness which causes pimples.

The only problem will be that your skin may become flaky and red. I believe that's much better than pimples though.

mosturizer is important ..dan wud not of mention it in da regimen if it wasnt a key part to have clear skin...like he says a big mistake is takin a parts out of the regimen so dont get madd if it doesnt work..but if it does work..be happy :)

if you use bp in the amount that Dan recommends, you will get dry. Even oily skin can become dehydrated. Oil alone does not determine the hydration status of your skin. The amount of water within your skin cells does. And since bp dries your skin, even oily skin can become dehydrated. We recommend an oil-free non-comedogenic moisturizer to help counteract the dryness and irritation from the bp. To help keep your skin adequately hydrated while you are killing the acne bacteria.

Oily skin may not need as much moisturizer, and perhaps just a dab once a day, but in the beginning and until your skin has fully adjusted to the bp onslaught, it is a good idea to moisturize.

if you use bp in the amount that Dan recommends, you will get dry. Even oily skin can become dehydrated. Oil alone does not determine the hydration status of your skin. The amount of water within your skin cells does. And since bp dries your skin, even oily skin can become dehydrated. We recommend an oil-free non-comedogenic moisturizer to help counteract the dryness and irritation from the bp. To help keep your skin adequately hydrated while you are killing the acne bacteria.

Oily skin may not need as much moisturizer, and perhaps just a dab once a day, but in the beginning and until your skin has fully adjusted to the bp onslaught, it is a good idea to moisturize.

Sound info ^

PLEASE PLEASE listen, you will kick yourself..

if after a few weeks then maybie try to cut the moisturiser out gradually..

i started the regimen this week without moisturising from the start and got hudgely dry and it was reall painfull!!

THINK.