Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Any men (or women :-) that shave outside of the shower can answer this for me. I'm confused why Dan states that we should wash our face again after we shave. Any reason for this?

The instructions are a bit confusing. If shaving in the shower with bar soap or CSR cleanser he says to apply lather and then wash your nose and forehead. Totally makes sense because you are not shaving those areas. If you prefer to use a shave cream, make sure it is "non-comedogenic" and wash your face very gently afterwards with a cleansing bar or wash. So, for those of us that shave outside of the shower we are washing our completely twice? Once in the shower and once out?

il tel u what i do and i dont aggrivate acne etc wen i shave.

i simply

go to the sink and run some water, then wet face and shave with my cleansing bar.

THEN i get in the shower and do the whole wash of the face thing etc.

this is simply to remove any hairs shaved off etc and cleanse the skin gently.

i find this works fine. so to clarify, i shave in the sink, rinse face etc.

then jump in the shower and wash body

then GENTLY do my face to remove any exfoliated skin and hair that might be stil left on my face etc.

hope that helps

sounds good to me. I may just by a fog free mirror and shave in the shower, see how that goes.

I just never heard of washing your face after shaving. Seems like that would be the worst thing you can do.

il tel u what i do and i dont aggrivate acne etc wen i shave.

i simply

go to the sink and run some water, then wet face and shave with my cleansing bar.

THEN i get in the shower and do the whole wash of the face thing etc.

this is simply to remove any hairs shaved off etc and cleanse the skin gently.

i find this works fine. so to clarify, i shave in the sink, rinse face etc.

then jump in the shower and wash body

then GENTLY do my face to remove any exfoliated skin and hair that might be stil left on my face etc.

hope that helps

Here's my shaving regimen again:

Take warm shower and wash face with CSR Cleanser

Immediately getting out of shower, put on Edge Ultra Sensitive Shaving Gel

Run cold water in sink

Shave neck very carefully with grain and light pressure using Bump Fighter single blade disposable razor

Shave rest of face and rinse with cold water

That's it.

I have a question: Anyone use an electric razor? What's the 411 with that?

Any men (or women :-) that shave outside of the shower can answer this for me. I'm confused why Dan states that we should wash our face again after we shave. Any reason for this?

The instructions are a bit confusing. If shaving in the shower with bar soap or CSR cleanser he says to apply lather and then wash your nose and forehead. Totally makes sense because you are not shaving those areas. If you prefer to use a shave cream, make sure it is "non-comedogenic" and wash your face very gently afterwards with a cleansing bar or wash. So, for those of us that shave outside of the shower we are washing our completely twice? Once in the shower and once out?

quite simply: yes

the general rule is shave down on ur cheeks, chin, toplip etc.

then under your neck you shave upwards.

ie start at ur adams apple an work up, underneath your chin until you reach the front of your chin etc.

if that makes sense hehe

yeah that makes sense lol, iv been shaving up on my cheeks ect cause u get a smoother feel, i guess that may have been irritating my face.

ill do what u said from now on, thanx

shaving the wrong way wil stretch the hair and therefore that pore.

which wil leave a bit of an opening for p.acnes to fester in etc and could create more acne.

shaving down should help this

Here's my shaving regimen again:

Take warm shower and wash face with CSR Cleanser

Immediately getting out of shower, put on Edge Ultra Sensitive Shaving Gel

Run cold water in sink

Shave neck very carefully with grain and light pressure using Bump Fighter single blade disposable razor

Shave rest of face and rinse with cold water

That's it.

wow shave with cold water from the sink ? That will never work for me, it will irritate way to much - hot hot works much better for me.

hot water helps to soften your skin up for the shave and get the hairs nice and warm and "shaveable" hehe