Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I use johnson and johnson SA once a day, and it keeps my skin, for the most part, clear. The only problem areas are the areas where I shave. I normally shave before work, and apply the SA before I go to bed. I am looking for a suggestion of razor + shaving gel that I can use that will help stop the acne in those areas (and razor burn as well).

Thanks in advance

I use johnson and johnson SA once a day, and it keeps my skin, for the most part, clear. The only problem areas are the areas where I shave. I normally shave before work, and apply the SA before I go to bed. I am looking for a suggestion of razor + shaving gel that I can use that will help stop the acne in those areas (and razor burn as well).

Thanks in advance

i don't have to shave much just the lining of my cheeks, chin and upperlip. i use the gilette fusion (5 blades heh wot a joke, i love it :dance:) and i used to use gilette sensitive skin shaving gel but now i get a layer of 'Spectro Jel Acnecare' instead. works pretty good. but i don't have much experience with shaving however. :think: have you considered using a machine? i use it wen i need a quick buzz and it doesn't aggrevate my face/acne at all unless i deliberatly put it on a zit. although the shave is no where as close and good as the razor.

- if you're from america i don't think they sell the spectro jel. its a canadian product i think

I just posted my shaving regimen in another thread today, but anyway, I use Bump Fighter disposable razors with Edge Ultra Sensitive Shaving Gel, and cold water for shaving and rinsing.

If you have access to a sauna the best method for shaving is sit in the sauna for 10 mins and it will open your pores. Wash ur face for 10 seconds with hot water. Apply shaving gel and then shave....minimizes razor bumps, irritation and cuts.