Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I havw had acne for 4 years, it's so annoying!!! I was on Benzaclin. Now I am on an Oral Pill and waiting on my new fae gel. My face is oily and used makeup throughout the year. I was currently using Almay compact makeup for blemishes....didn't work....i still broke out. I was considering using Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals, and doesn't convince me for the price.Maybe it works, i don't know?? but my friends were telling me eyeshadow and blush can make me break out? I don't know if that's true. I just want to know what to use as a moisturizer, foundation and etc....... for oily skin that will stay on for a while and feels light!!I need advice to buying makeup, I'm plaming on buying everything new.

I havw had acne for 4 years, it's so annoying!!! I was on Benzaclin. Now I am on an Oral Pill and waiting on my new fae gel. My face is oily and used makeup throughout the year. I was currently using Almay compact makeup for blemishes....didn't work....i still broke out. I was considering using Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals, and doesn't convince me for the price.Maybe it works, i don't know?? but my friends were telling me eyeshadow and blush can make me break out? I don't know if that's true. I just want to know what to use as a moisturizer, foundation and etc....... for oily skin that will stay on for a while and feels light!!I need advice to buying makeup, I'm plaming on buying everything new.

I recently purchased Bare Escentuals makeup, and I found it to be not good for me. Maybe I'm not applying it correctly, but I found it makes my scarring more noticeable. And it made my oily skin look more shinier than I had hoped. But like I said, I could just be bad at applying it.

For my oily skin, I have found Maybelline Dream Mousse to feel light and it keeps oil at bay the best. It doesn't make me breakout either. Just make sure to apply a dusting of loose powder over whatever foundation you are wearing. It helps!!!

I also like the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, though, because I sometimes have dry skin, it can settle into flakes and whatnot, thus enhancing the flakiness. If you have oily skin, I'd say it would be pretty good for you. As for blush, I like to use a stain like BeneTint or Stainiac.

Both are available at Sephora. I don't wear any eye makeup really, so I can't help you there, but it's a safe bet that anything from a non comedogenic brand will do fine. If you have oil on your eyelids, using an eyelid primer like Urban Decay's Primer Potion can really smooth out lids, making your makeup last longer. And as far as lips go, anything non comedogenic. If you like just a natural balmy look, I like Burt's Bess lip Balm, but if you like gloss/stick, there are tons of options. For general makeup products Sephora is a great place to go, but it's on the pricey side.

Good Luck!!!

Maybe you can try coverderm. The products are thick and really hide the acne. However, you feel the skin can still breathe with them on

Everyday Minerals is absolutely fantastic, and not expensive. They even offer a sample kit which contains 3 different foundations (you pick), a concealer (or you can select the finishing dust, which I highly recommend) and a blush. The only cost to you for this is around $4 for shipping. After you try it, the Starter kit is only $28.00 and includes 2 foundations, 1 blush or bronzer (you choose), 1 Concealer of your choice, the finishing dust and 2 baby kabuki brushes.

Their website is www.everydayminerals.com. No, I don't work for them, but I do love their products! Good luck with your search for new makeup.

To my knowledge, Everyday Minerals is not yet sold in stores (not sure that they plan to do that). You can order by phone or fax - I could e-mail you the form and a page description for the various options of product if you would like.

ooh...can't resist a chance to say something good about Everyday Minerals. I've used the samples for about two and a half weeks (and still have tons left... a little goes a long way!)

I LOVE them. I just ordered one of the larger kits today. Makeup finally feels pretty again instead of feeling like camouflage. I highly recommend you order the sample kit online. Good luck!

Everyday Minerals Free Sample Kit :clap: