Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kitten73

Don't use a moisturiser

I stopped using a moisturiser at night ala Dr Haushka, then tried doing without during the day. My acne has cleared up no end. My face gets a bit dry occasionally, but I use a muslin cloth to slough off the dry bits. I wish I had done it a long time ago I've tried everything. It took about 3 months before I realized it was working, after I'd stopped using moisturiser at night. Try it if you are at your wits end. All I use is a creamy cleanser. I used Nivea cleanser and now Clarins(only because I got it duty free) I might get a spot when I'm due on but that's it. Yippee after all those quack remedy's I tried. (the acne cure, vit b12, Dr Haushka oat cleanser)

I stopped using a moisturiser at night ala Dr Haushka, then tried doing without during the day. My acne has cleared up no end. My face gets a bit dry occasionally, but I use a muslin cloth to slough off the dry bits. I wish I had done it a long time ago I've tried everything. It took about 3 months before I realized it was working, after I'd stopped using moisturiser at night. Try it if you are at your wits end. All I use is a creamy cleanser. I used Nivea cleanser and now Clarins(only because I got it duty free) I might get a spot when I'm due on but that's it. Yippee after all those quack remedy's I tried. (the acne cure, vit b12, Dr Haushka oat cleanser)

Way to go :clap: Less chemicals on the skin equals better looking & clearer skin. God knows what they put in those moisturisers to block your pores, and irritate the skin!!!

I tried going without moisturizer and broke out more. If your skin is too dry, your oil production goes insane to balance everything out and then your pores clog. The problem with moisturizers is that most cause pimples. "Non-comedogenic" Cetaphil breaks me out, as does everything in the drug store and department store. The only moisturizer that soothes my skin and causes no new breakouts is Mary Kay Hydrating Gel. At 30 years old, I've tried them all and this is the only one that I feel is good for my skin.

Way to go :clap: Less chemicals on the skin equals better looking & clearer skin. God knows what they put in those moisturisers to block your pores, and irritate the skin!!!

i agree, i always wondered how a combination of alcohol, acid and petroleum by-products could be good for the skin, yet if you check the ingredients of any given moisturiser there they all are.. plus a whole lot of other weird shit.