Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ive tried everything except accutane for my adult acne(25 yr old male) its been so emotionaly painfull for me to have this disease, it ruined two years of my life. the derm wouldn't give me accutane cause of depression so he gave me tazorac instead. it sucked real bad for the first few weeks but i stuck it out by using every other day at first and using moistureiser twice a day. now 4 weeks later not only is my acne 90% gone but it made my skin stop being oily and uneven. so not only does it look good it FEELS good. Im only putting this here because it was a miracle drug for me and im hoping someone else will see it and find relief from it. if you stick with the first month the side effects subside and it starts getting better.

grats on the clearup!! :clap:

i wish i had your success when i used tazorac, but i agree with you, tazorac is mighty powerful if you can stand it the first month :dance:

tazorac kills acne and now has been approved to treat sundamaged and scared skin.

well done on getting clear, now feel good about yourself :)

tazorac cured my scars

what type are ya using? gel or cream?

what type did you use???

cause i swear tazorac got me clear but wherever i had spots during the treatment with tazorac left me with scars...

i discontinued it, i rather have a little acne then fragile and scarred skin

congratulations sir. I never heard of this medication before. Surprised my derm didn't prescribe this to me.

Every single time I use tazorac, it not only does not clear my acne, but it makes my skin a dry, cracked, red, itchy, peeling mess. Every single time. Especially in the "muzzle" area, for lack of a better word -- the area that would be covered by a dust mask. It's especially bad where the laugh lines would be because that area cracks and peels every time I smile, talk, eat, yawn....you get the picture. And it takes days to clear up the symptoms, because once it's caused the cracking and dryness and redness and itchiness, it doesn't want to heal.

If it works for you, more power to you! Nothing topcial has ever helped me.

tazorac cured my scars

what type did you use???

cause i swear tazorac got me clear but wherever i had spots during the treatment with tazorac left me with scars...

damn, don't know how you could have possibly scarred with the tazorac unless you meant that you scarred after getting more breakouts... I got the gel. when I said scars I meant ACTUAL indents. not the red postmarks. Taz and the retinA. The taz more than the retinA. It peeled me to such a point that they began diminishing. Everyone else, don't count on it tho...it don't work on most people....

tazorac cured my scars

what type did you use???

yeah that's what i thought about tazorac too, that it got me scarred. but then i realized that when you have acne your scars are not really noticeable because pimples cover your face. chances are you just didn't notice you had scars until you got more clear

tazorac cured my scars

what type did you use???

yeah that's what i thought about tazorac too, that it got me scarred. but then i realized that when you have acne your scars are not really noticeable because pimples cover your face. chances are you just didn't notice you had scars until you got more clear

thats not the case here man cuz i allways had acne on my forehead like 1 or 2 cysts but they never left a single mark on my forhead... while using tazorac i got a spot a cyst and it has left a spot from that cyst on my face... that is the only single lil dot i have on my face... thanks to tazorac

how would you explain that?

maybe i'm wrong but... i'll have to say coincidence =/ one cyst out of all those, sooner or later has to scar but you may be right, who knows, and if you stop scarring after stopping tazorac then maybe you're right!

maybe i'm wrong but... i'll have to say coincidence =/ one cyst out of all those, sooner or later has to scar but you may be right, who knows, and if you stop scarring after stopping tazorac then maybe you're right!

maybe man... im hearing klaron is really good for onflamatory acne and thats what i have so i mgonan give that a try... thanks alott

so, ive been using duac in the morning and tazorac at night for about 2 months now. i stuck with the creams long enought for my skin to get used to the peeling. thank god! the peeling phase just ended a week ago. i had a pretty bad break out during the time i was peeling, im hoping it was the initial breakout, havent broken out that bad since. tho the zits from that IB, are still clearing. will i have more big IB's? and will the tazorac stop breakouts? cuz thats what i need. to just STOP breaking out, so my skin can heal. is your skin soon supposed to clear after the peelings done? i just need some little sign! tho Its done wonders for the clear skin i have, cheeks and forehead. i just cant wait to see my WHOLE face like that!!!

by the way this is my first post, i recently found this site...and reading others posts and experiences has raised my spirits 80%! 100% if my skin clears soon....