Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crevin

My results with Jess's exfoliation for red marks--

Ok. I am a 20 year old male who has had mild acne for about 4 years. I started the regimen almost 7 months ago, and all my "active" acne went away and I stopped getting pimples. However, I was left with about 9-10 red marks on my right cheek and about 3-4 on my left cheek and 1-2 on my chin. They were persistent and wouldn't go away. I tried switching to proactiv and I also tried some AHA cream. Neither gave great results.

I just read about Jess's "toothbrush" method on these forums about 3 days ago. I tried it...

If there was a way to "quantify" red marks, I would say my red marks have faded 50% in darkness. have I done the last three days? The first day, I did the regimen in the morning and then the toothbrush exfoliation at night. I used an Oral B electric tooth brush to gently "smear" around some Neutrogena gentle cleanse soap on both of my cheeks for 1-2 minutes. I noticed that some of my skin kind of "flaked" as I brushed it. I move the brush in a circular motion. Afterwards, I rinse my face off and pat it dry with a towel (very gently). I wait 2-3 minutes and apply a small amount of Neosporin to the region. The second day, I used the toothbrush exfoliation both morning and evening, not using any BP. The third day, I did the exfoliation in the morning (7 am), again at 3 am (after work), and again before bed (10 pm).

After three days of this, my red marks have drastically faded. HOWEVER, for the first time in several months a few new pimples have popped up on my forehead and above my lip (I didn't exfoliate these areas-- I think maybe it's because I didnt apply bp to them. I seem to have a strong BP dependency). I'm thinking about exfoliating in the morning, afternoon, and then doing the regimen at night to let my skin sleep on some nice BP.

Any ideas? Similar results? Comments?

Please post!

Thanks (and especially thanks to Jess).

I dont think you can say it takes them 3-6 months to fade, because mine have begun to fade within the last few days... dramatically. I'm wondering if anyone else has had similar results.

Thanks.

im tempted to try it, but dan doesn't recommend it after BP because of the amount of irritation. im practically 100% clear also, but the brown marks i have are pretty bad.

i am using the same method..tooth brush morning and after work

brwon dark remarks changing to pink marks, but it is not really fading or disappearing...but the color just change

i'm going to use Dr.Brandt products..its expensive...but i want to give it a try...

some take weeks , if 6 months. really , i had some pimple redmarks that went awaay within 1 week , some still here agter 3 months