Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mackD

Red inflamed acne on nose

Heya all i'm new here, but i'm not new to acne lol.

I've been fighting some bad acne on my nose area for a few years now (i'm 17, living in Australia). I have minor acne on my face, but that doesnt really effect me as it isn't too bad and doesn;t worry me however the acne on my nose is really red and bumpy, has pores clogged with oil (not sure if they're blackheads or what?) etc.

When i wash my skin on my nose gets really dry, but later in the day my nose is oily. eg if my nose touches glass itll leave an oil spot, no other part on my face does this. if i wipe my nose with my fingers i can see the oil.

The oily appearence isnt really a huge concern as its not very noticable, the thing that is though is the red inflamed appearance my nose has.

My regimen switches up alot, but im currently on Minicycline and hasn't being doing much for my acne, i goto a derm and he hasn;t really told me what sort of acne/problem i have, he just prescribes me with things and says come back in another 4 months. I've tried all that he has given me thorouglhy withough any imporvement, i'm currently on pro-activ its cleared up my acne, but not on my nose.

Its mainly on the sides of my nose, pictures are here in this gallery http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...lbum&album=3164

If anybody could help, give some advice on products/regimens or a simple diagnosis of the acne i have and what i could try to help it would be HUGELY appreciated, or if anybody else has this problem would they have any tips for me? i really want to get rid of this red inflamed appearance, thanks alot everyone

ask your derm for desonide lotion; it should clear it up within a day or 2; u don't have acne, u have seborrheic dermatitis

ask your derm for desonide lotion; it should clear it up within a day or 2; u don't have acne, u have seborrheic dermatitis

Heya mate, thanks for that i'll checkup on that condition.

My mum makes it as a hassle to goto the derm and she thinks i dont need to, she just wants me to leave it alone and let itll "heal" over time, but its been many years and it hasn't healed at all. And the derm isn't the greatest help either, its just minocylince which isnt really helping, but when i goto him next i'll be SURE to ask him for some of this lotion, thanks mate or i'll go and see another derm.

Anybody else believe this is "seborrheic dermatitis" judging by the pictures what do you think?