Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
meka

Men: Boutique type products for the man?

Has anyone here shopped @ Origins?

Particular item that caught my interest was Active Charcoal mask , Skin polisher?

Or shopped @ Skinstore.com Mens section or Zirh.com?

My boyfriend loves Zirh! That and Anthony Logistics for Men . He uses mostly Zirh for face and the Anthony Logistics for the body and he had great skin( ahh I love his skin) but I have a biased view of him . I do know he swears by Zirh though.

Anthony didn't work for acne for me. Probably because the stuff is loaded with fragrance and dyes :-\...I haven't tried anything else.

I personally don't trust any of those products from any of those stores :naughty: I just don't think any of these chemicals are a magic wand for men with sensitive skin. Be very careful when selecting your products, and also try to save yourself some money.

I personally don't trust any of those products from any of those stores :naughty: I just don't think any of these chemicals are a magic wand for men with sensitive skin. Be very careful when selecting your products, and also try to save yourself some money.

I would agree with this. Many products that are sold for acne skins contain the same handful of active ingredients (e.g. bp, salicylic acid, glycolic acid, tea tree oil) etc and everything else is essentially filler. Sometimes the filler can be more or less expensive depending on the product you opt for but it wont do anything for acne. Also, it is worth remembering that whilst topicals alone may help with mild acne, it will do little for moderate or severe acne. My preference is to try to stick to very simple natural skincare products so as not to aggravate my skin but rely on systemic, i.e. internal, treatments (whatever they may be) to deal with acne at the source. Good luck.

I should have explained my self a bit better. His skin has always been fairly clear and not sensitive to any of the fragrances and dyes and stuff in the products. Sorry about that , I should have been more clear about it. I don't think that those products really work for men suffering from acne . He does have some flair ups everyonce in a while and I know that he uses Zirh for that.