Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wazuh

Do cysts go away on their own?

As the title says, do you have cysts that just go away? I've had one for a couple of months that only gets smaller when I squeeze some of the stuff out of it, downside to this is that it leaves my face red and irritated everytime I do it? Has anyone had one just go away ?

As the title says, do you have cysts that just go away? I've had one for a couple of months that only gets smaller when I squeeze some of the stuff out of it, downside to this is that it leaves my face red and irritated everytime I do it? Has anyone had one just go away ?

In my experience, in a word, NO, they will not go away on their own. They might diminish in size but are still lurking underneath the skin. I have had acneic cysts for almost four years now. Started as one, i picked to get the junk out and then they just went full blown with new cysts appearing in a centralized area. Did you check with a derm that they it is a cyst? Could be any number of things. the best luck I have had with cysts is to needle them and apply a topical antibiotic constantly. Needling allows the cysts to absorb the antibiotic and helps to dry it out. Hope this helps.

no, you must get treated for it.

i popped mine and put neosporin cream on it , i have a little dented scar there , but i dun care its not that noticable anyway

i popped mine and put neosporin cream on it , i have a little dented scar there , but i dun care its not that noticable anyway

Can I ask you how you popped it? Did you just squeeze it? I've tried needling mine and squeezing, but it doesn't work... And I don't fancy needling it again :(

answer: no. cysts are too deep in the skin's layers. i picked at mynes once about 4 months ago and i still have the spot.. its realli annoying. get something that works from the inside out (eg antibiotic) if you have alot of them. and either way get something you put directly on the skin. :mellow:

Cysts will go away on their own if you do not pick. The process can take years. I have one on the side of my nose. It's been there since January. I leave it alone. It goes up and down like the tide. I start Accutane tomorrow. Then hopefully, it'll be gone for good.

Cysts will go away on their own if you do not pick. The process can take years. I have one on the side of my nose. It's been there since January. I leave it alone. It goes up and down like the tide. I start Accutane tomorrow. Then hopefully, it'll be gone for good.

The longest cyst I had had a life span of 3 years plus

Holy crap, I can't believe you people have had cysts for so long. When I had serious ones, they'd last awhile, but not more than weeks. I ALWAYS tried to pop them; useless unless they have some sorta head on them.

The last serious one I had has just finally gone away. Visibly it last probably two months, just within the last few weeks it finally went away completely (can't feel it under the skin anymore). It grew mid-December.

I had a cyst on my chin starting last Monday. It hurt a little bit but felt huge under the surface. I had a facial appointment and instead of extracting it (that would have been PAINFUL) she took a tool and zapped it. It felt like a little lightning bolt on the pimple. It was a high frequency tool that zaps it. That was Saturday evening and by today, it is still a bump but small and no longer red.

I've been to the doctors again yesterday about my cyst. I saw another doctor this time, he told me that he doesn't think my cyst is going to go away on it's own, and he's refered me to a plastic surgeon to have it excised.

He said he could do it himself, but he'd rather send me off to a surgeon because they would do a much neater job. I have to wait about a month before I hear from them, and then, the doctor said they could just tell me no, they won't do it, as it's not exactly important to them, or i'd be in for a long wait.

Today I phoned the doctors back and asked them about going to a private surgeon, I was told that it would cost £100 just to have a consultation for 10 minutes, so I have no idea what the actually operation is going to cost, lots i'm guessing... So I think i'll just go back to my doctor and ask him to do it.

Cysts SUCK. :(

YEAH! cysts SUCK! i have a small one on my left cheek that has been there for going on three months, its smaller now and dont show much, like a small bruse and its completely under my skin it doesnt "stand out" or anything (knock on wood) :) so its impossible to pick it or anything and if i would remove it it would leave a big hole i can imagine so i just leave it there and hope it doesnt grow bigger. i will start antibiotics next week, dont know wich kind yet, but i also wonder if its even physically possible for the cyst to just dissapere by its own?? coz people say that after accutane and other meds their cysts dissapere but how?? i always thought that everything have to come out somehow but maybe the body can disolve it somehow?? or shrink it untill it vanish and melts away?? i really really hope it goes away by itself in time... well well... good luck everyone! love from sweden ;)

Not all cysts are related to acne... so I don't know if accutane would make them all dissapear. They're different, they have a "wall" which has to be taken out, or the cyst has a high chance of coming back.

When I was told I had to have it "drained" for some reason I thought they would stick a syringe in and suck it out... but no.. they slice down the whole length of the cyst, open it and "scoop" out the insides. It will scar, but how much depends on how good a job the person is at doing it. I was told in 6 months a scar wouldn't be visible, if a plastic surgeon was to do it.

My doctor said he would do it, and it might be really easy, and just pop out without too much damage and won't leave a scar on your face, but he said in a worst case scenario, it could leave a big scar, he could block a hair follicle with the stitches, causing it to inflame, get infected... etc.. He said it depends whether it's attached under the skin, he doesn't think mine is as it moves around. 2 weeks and I have to go back and have it removed. I can't wait. Oh, and by the way, a private surgeon charges thousands. ( why? it's only a cyst! :P )