Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DanielleIsSuperLame

The Worst Tip I've Ever Read About Acne

I was reading a random makeup book and it said "A splendid way to cover up a blemish is to turn it into a birthmark. Draw over the blemish with a brown eyeliner pencil and blend." I was so annoyed. I mean seriously how many birthmarks would I have? That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever read ever. :mad: What is the worst tip you've ever read about acne?

lollll! I've heard that one before. maybe it works for .00002% of the population, but uh I think the fact that if someone has a constant magical "disappering" mole is werider than just having a pimple. haha, that's probably the weirdest tip I've read. i do loathe people who say "just wash your face" as a tip to get rid of acne.

It that was the case my face would be covered in birth marks. Sounds like the crap I read in magazines with their worthless methods of eliminating pimples. Never works.

:lol::lol: Yeah I saw someone do that on TV the other day. They said something like, "Do this and you could make that pimple into a beauty mark and look like Cindy Crawford!" Ha!

I used to just get a pretty little sticker to cover up ones on my cheeks that refused to be hidden with make up, so it just looked like i was being cute or something. stops working out when your face looks like a war zone and you have a bun of big ones and little ones in the area.

That is terrible advice. haha.. I don't think I've ever gotten bad make up advice but I have gotten bad acne advice like, "Scrub your face to get rid of acne."

I have read a similar tip...turn an acne scar into a mole/freckly/beauty spot...yeah right....if i want to look like a raisin bun....

I was reading a random makeup book and it said "A splendid way to cover up a blemish is to turn it into a birthmark. Draw over the blemish with a brown eyeliner pencil and blend." I was so annoyed. I mean seriously how many birthmarks would I have? That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever read ever. :mad: What is the worst tip you've ever read about acne?

that's so hilarious.. i think i'll try that. pff.

hehe, I remember reading that in a mag too...it is hilarious, I just can't stop picturing the ever-moving "beauty mark".

Anyone remember "the mole" form an Austin Powers movie?

I used to just get a pretty little sticker to cover up ones on my cheeks that refused to be hidden with make up, so it just looked like i was being cute or something. stops working out when your face looks like a war zone and you have a bun of big ones and little ones in the area.

I've done that before but the sticker always falls off because of my makeup. Erghh.

someone ignorant wrote that and is talking about ppl who get maybe one small pimples like a month! but that unfortunately isnt the case here.

Oh my goodness. I can't believe I just read that! Oh, god, that is the funniest thing I've heard all day! Turn it into a birthmark, indeed!