Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JaneDoeOnAccutane

Anyone ever get a makeover done by professionals

I am getting married soon and needless to say my face is still full of scars and a few zits (in the process of healing thanks to no wearing make up for a month and sleeping >8 hours a day)

So I hire a makeup artist to do my makeup for the actual wedding and studio wedding pictures.

The last time she applied makeup on me was a few months ago (for the studio pictures). And I was relatively clear at that time - only pigmented scaring and red marks. And she took one look at me and asked if I have been picking, and whether the red marks hurt, etc. I just felt so bad cuz she kind of had this disgusted look .. and she spent over an hour to make me look flawless. Great job nonetheless, but I felt so bad in the end..

I prefer to do my own make up in the comfort of my own home where no one will judge :(

Well I had makeup done at a makeup counter once a couple years ago to find the right shade for me and she just kept talking about my oily skin and "blending to cover up blemishes". Then she didn't even give me the right shade. I'm pale so she tried to make me "warmer" or whatever but my face looked orange. Makeup counters are lame. Congratulations with the progress you've made.

congrats on the progress! I'm also going for a month without wearing makeup [it's summer vacation so this is my only time to do it!]

I can't believe she got disgusted.. that's unprofessional. And don't let it get you upset, just think about the wedding and how flawless your skin will look :D

I also had a bad experience at a makeup counter. Blah. Good derms and good makeup artists are hard to come by.

I am getting married soon and needless to say my face is still full of scars and a few zits (in the process of healing thanks to no wearing make up for a month and sleeping >8 hours a day)

So I hire a makeup artist to do my makeup for the actual wedding and studio wedding pictures.

The last time she applied makeup on me was a few months ago (for the studio pictures). And I was relatively clear at that time - only pigmented scaring and red marks. And she took one look at me and asked if I have been picking, and whether the red marks hurt, etc. I just felt so bad cuz she kind of had this disgusted look .. and she spent over an hour to make me look flawless. Great job nonetheless, but I felt so bad in the end..

I prefer to do my own make up in the comfort of my own home where no one will judge :(

I've never gotten my makeup done...for the same reason. I won't even go to get my eyebrows done because they'll be right up on my face. Even when my FRIENDS do my makeup, they're like "I know I'm touching your scne, but I don't care."Which is better than "EEEW" but not much.