Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ozboy

can i stop the bp if my skin does not get oily?

my skin does not get oily however i still get some pimples but i hav a lot of red marks from pervious pimples.. can i stop the bp and let my skin heal the red marks natrually and continue using the cleeanser and moistorizer?

you dont have to be oily to get acne, many people have normal skin and get acne, though the majority have oily skin and get acne.

to prevent any more acne coming through and forming red marks, continue using BP and cleanse as normal

good luck :)

unless your skin has grown out of its tendency to get acne, you will very likely begin to break out again.

So, my advice is to continue your treatment program, but consider switching moisturizers to one that has some AHA in it, like Neutrogena Healthy Skin. The glycolic acid in it will help those red marks resolve a bit quicker.

unless your skin has grown out of its tendency to get acne, you will very likely begin to break out again.

So, my advice is to continue your treatment program, but consider switching moisturizers to one that has some AHA in it, like Neutrogena Healthy Skin. The glycolic acid in it will help those red marks resolve a bit quicker.

whats AHA? i always see this acronym but dont know wat it stands for???

it stands for alpha hydroxy acid (glycolic acid, lactic acid).

It helps to exfoliate the skin, which can reduce flaking and help redmarks fade quicker.

If you feel your acne is gone for good, you can consider reducing the bp and see how it goes.

But otherwise, maybe incorporate an AHA moisturizer into your Regimen and see if that helps.

alpha hydroxy acid. A lot of members suggest using Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Lotion which also has SPF 15, but some find its overly irritating so you might not want to use it as often as your previous moisturizers. I know that some toners (Proactiv's to be exact) has gycolic acid which I believe is also an AHA. Basically it exfoliates your skin so your old skin sheds until your marks go away.

it stands for alpha hydroxy acid (glycolic acid, lactic acid).

It helps to exfoliate the skin, which can reduce flaking and help redmarks fade quicker.

If you feel your acne is gone for good, you can consider reducing the bp and see how it goes.

But otherwise, maybe incorporate an AHA moisturizer into your Regimen and see if that helps.

thanks brandy ill give this AHA stuff a try..all im worried about is tryin to get rid of the red marks..i hope this stuff works..