Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bid

Any BP users tired of the same thing I'm tired of...?

Okay, so I've been using and loving the BP product here for maybe 1-2 years now, but it's never really been completely solidified into my daily routine for one reason: the stuff is just such a hassle for me to put on. Is it just me, or does it take FOREVER to rub and absorb it into your skin? It may not be THAT extensive an amount of time that passes by as I lightly rub it all into my face, but it feels like an eternity. I've grown to develop this system that I'll call "rubbing and soaking" where I smear it all over my face and let some time pass to soak in, rub it around, let time pass, repeat, repeat, repeat until it's finally all in my skin -- and THEN naturally there's the moisturizing at the end... It can be too much for too little motivation on a lot of mornings... I'm so incredibly curious as to whether or not this is an issue for anyone else here, and/or anyone recommends a BP alternative that may "get into the skin" faster. And I promise it's not the amount I'm using or the lack of rubbing upon the skin... It's just a long step of the routine for me... I almost vaguely feel like the Neutrogena On-the-Spot may be better as it's cream-based and absorbs faster. As pathetic as it may sound being that it's such a lame issue in contrast to those of you who actually are really suffering here with your acne problems, this whole standing in the bathroom staring into the mirror and w-a-i-t-i-n-g has severely fractured my love of this product!

Any comments or suggestions???s

I dunno, I actually enjoy doing it for some reason. Maybe its the "I'm kicking your ass acne" mentality.

i dont mind it at all if im clear cause im just so stoked to have clear skin, but if i have even one small zit then i hate doing the regimen because it feels like i'm wasting my time. in all reality though it's the best thing i've ever done for my life so i really can't complain. well honestlystarting proactiv was the best thing because it initially made the acne go away but csr kept it away after proactiv stopped working. since i've got rid of my major acne my life has completely turned around. girls approach me regularly, i finally went back to school (was too afraid to start a career since still having acne 2 years after high school)...i live a mostly normal life now. one thing that does suck is planning my nights and weekends around the regimen, i dont like doing it late when i get home so i always postpone plans until 6pm or later so i can do the regimen before i go out.

I just applied BP for the first time today, like 5 minutes after my Cleanser and it melted really quick...I think I did something wrong but it got all flaky and I added moiturizer in 5 mins and it got better...

Hmm. Try having your BP on the 'warmer' side when you apply it. I think Teplo has experimented with this by putting it under a lamp prior to use. I've had to keep my BP in my room (which gets hot) for the past week or so and it's summertime, so the BP is warmer than it has been in the past, and it's more liquidy and soaks in more quickly than cold BP.

My only concern would be making sure that there's no upper temperature limit for BP as far as... I don't know, decomposition or effectiveness is concerned. Just don't get it too hot, just warmed.

You know what, putting on BP is like tidying your room. You really don't want to do it, but once it is done you feel so much better and glad you did it. Like you have achieved something. And if you don't do it, it will niggle at the back of your mind all the time.

You just have to force yourself to do it. Cos you know its the right thing to do!

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

This reminds me of really large people winging about having to exercise and eat properly to lose weight. If a regimen is all you have to do, be greatful.

Weak minded people achieve little in life, probably best to start training yourself now.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

It takes like me like five minutes. ?

LIKE, totally.

Bid,

yea, I hear what you are saying. But, how much time do you spend in the shower? or shaving? or fixing your hair? or ironing your clothes? or brushing your teeth? Do those things bother you too?

the CSR is just another part of my normal daily hygiene routine. If you look at it like THAT, instead of as 'another burden' it doesn't seem so bad.

The mental anxiety of a pimple-filled face is way worse than having to spend an extra half hour on the CSR.

Would you rather have to spend that time trying to cover up your zits, and reduce the redness and swelling of them? Or spend the time using a preventative treatment so you don't have to deal with the breakouts?

We all have to decide for ourselves what is priority and what is not.

p.s. if you like Neutrogena on-the-spot better, then go back to it. Both products are 2.5% and will fight the breakouts. You'll just have to deal with the whitish aspect of it.

Wow, major thanks for all the quick replies -- I really appreciate that. I REALLY like the comment on how reminiscent this is of overweight people complaining about the burden of exercise and healthy eating. lol... So true. I guess I just tend to get caught up in laziness and jealousy over those lucky bastards that don't have to do anything for clear skin, and also the fact that my acne really isn't that much of a plausible problem. I'm gonna keep doing it though because of that analogy, I'm sorry, but that's brilliant. lol... And the morning routine with the showering and shaving and such -- you're right, it's very minor alongside the rest of all that stuff... And really, in comparison to the happening of an entire day.

Thanks again for the comments.