Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
planlos

Accutane Low Dose Log.

Day 27: 30mg (1x10mg and 1x20mg)

Skin:

I did a very mild peeling yesterday: my nose and the area around is are really smooth right now. Let's see when the pus get back in the pores.

And no new spots.

Side Effects:

Dry and slightly chapped lips.

Day 28: 30mg (1x10mg and 1x20mg)

Skin:

Got a bump on my left side on my nose: it's not really a bump, it's not even red. But it's a bit hard there.

And another thing: my face is NOT oily anymore!!! :clap::clap::clap:

It's definitely because of the 30mg/day: on 20mg/day my oil on my face got reduced already, but it was still visible on my face the whole day. But right now, it' just gone. :D

Otherwise no new active spots.

Side Effects:

Day 29: 30mg (1x10mg and 1x20mg)

Skin:

The bump on the left side of my nose went down. The area is slightly red now. Face is still free from oil. :D

Side Effects:

Day 30: 30mg (1x10mg and 1x20mg)

Skin:

Boys and girls, my face is looking really great today. Complexion is almost perfect. I got like no active spot or whitehead, the blackheads on my nose and around my nose are almost down to zero, my red/brown marks faded alot: there are currently only 2-3 noticeable ones, all other marks faded away after peeling twice on accutane now, and using zinc cream (Avene Cicalfate) 3x times a day on the spots.

Honestly: after I woke up today I couldn't believe myself how much my face suddenly improved. I checked my face twice, and I don't think I looked that good in the past 5 years.

I feel soooooooo good today. :dance::dance::dance:

I really think that 30mg/day is best suited for me: I still got only dry lips and the oil on my face is completely gone. And all those blackheads seem to come out now, especially on and around my nose, where 20mg/day didn't do anything for that. Hope my face will only get better and better.

BTW: I still haven't experienced an initial break out. Is there still a chance for me to get it? Or am I safe now after a month?

Side Effects:

Awesome, sounds like you have found a dosage that works for you.

I don't think you are too prone to any IB now with such a low jump in dosage.

Congrats, you have come into taking accutane with an intelligent approach and it is paying off.

Continued success.

Best

@MoeMentum

I could say the same to you: seems like accutane is working fine for you too.

And I just felt the same way, after I read the last post from your log: damn I wish I would have taken accutane earlier. But then: better now than never. :)

Keep it up man, acne is on it's way to hell. :)

Day 31: 30mg (1x10mg and 1x20mg)

Skin:

No new acne and face is looking good. :D

Just 2-3 slightly visible marks. Pores around and on my nose are almost clean.

Side Effects:

Day 32: 30mg (1x10mg and 1x20mg)

Skin:

No new acne and the pores on and around my nose are almost clean.

Side Effects:

Awesome, sounds like you have found a dosage that works for you.

I don't think you are too prone to any IB now with such a low jump in dosage.

Congrats, you have come into taking accutane with an intelligent approach and it is paying off.

Continued success.

Best

:dance: :clap:

you donno how happy theese logs get me, that everytihng is improving...

but at the same time it gets me sad that my parents wont listen to me =(

ive been trying for 2 months everyday i talk to them, there is no hope, they just dont listen =(

@DanMan1

Did you tell your parents hoch much of a burden this acne shit is? I mean it's your life and they should accept your decision. How about show them this forum and some of these logs?

Day 33: 30mg (1x10mg and 1x20mg)

Skin:

No new acne. Face looks good. :)

Side Effects:

Damn: I visited my derm today, and he was amazed how good my face is looking right now. But he wants to decrease my dosage from 30mg/day to 30mg/week !!!

I could convince him to go for another month on 30mg/day. But then he really wanna drop me to 30mg/week.

What should I do now?

Day 34: 30mg (1x10mg and 1x20mg)

Skin:

Just like yesterday.

Side Effects:

Wow. That's very interesting that your derm wanted to drop you to a weekly does like that. S/He must have done this with other patients with good results. How long does your derm plan on keeping you on Accutane?

Good luck and please keep us posted.

Jenna

How did you up your dosage from 10mg to 20 mg without running out of pills? My doctor just gave me a prescription for 30 days at 10mg a day. I start it tonight. I thought it was a low dose, but he said it will work the same, just lower your chances of side effects. I couldn't up it if I wanted to, I would run out of pills. I don't know if he can write another prescription in the middle of the month because IPledge won't let you. You must not have to deal with IPledge. I'm curious. Thanks.

Glad you're doing great so far! Yeah i'm curious too, how long is your derm planning to keep you on accutane? And is there any reason why he's dropping you to such a strage dose?

Good News:

I went to my derm today again and printed out a lot of researches about low dose on my first post and some others I found on the net: thanx to MoeMentum for gathering all the stuff. So I went through all the info last night and highlighted all the doses and course lenght. I showed my derm all the stuff and we argued a bit about the course lenght and the dosage.

And we came to this: 0,2-0,5mg/kg a day could be considered low dose and a course length of 4-6 Months is a good measure point. 30mg a week is ultra low dose and my derm said that it would be enough to keep acne at bay. Good thing is, that my derm is a very reasonable person. I asked him if he treated someone that way before: and he said I would be the FIRST one. Then I said to him that I want the sure way to kick off my acne and NOT try this and that.

End of the story: I will get 30mg/day for another 3 months. Then we will see how my face is looking.

But I already know that I will try to argue again the next time I visit him: I wanna try to stay on this drug for 6 months. :shhh:

BTW my weight is around 60kg: so 30mg/day would be 0,5mg/kg a day.

@jennafun009

No, I would be the first one. His plan was keeping me 4 months on accutane, my own plan is 6 month: I have to convince him somehow next time.

@Tired of This

My derm just gave me a prescription for 50 days at 30mg a day: He told me to begin with 10mg a day and stay as long as I want on this dosage. If I feel I could bear a higher dosage, I could try 20 mg/day and max 30mg/day: Basically I could up and lower my dosage between 10-30mg/day.

But I have to visit him once a month for the blood test.

@imogen_

His plan was keeping me 4 months on accutane, my own plan is 6 month: I have to convince him somehow next time.

The reason he wanted to drop my dosage was/is, that he wanted to test a new way of treatment with ultra low dosage. I seemed to be the perfect candidate for this, because accutane did a really good job on my face in only 1 month and he wanted to see if an ultra low dose could keep the acne at bay.

But luckily I could convince him and stay on 30mg/day.

Day 35: 30mg (1x10mg and 1x20mg)

Skin:

My nose and the area around it is almost clean: it actually feels really smooth there now, but if you watch carefully and closely, you could still see mini pus in some pores.

Side Effects:

@MoeMomentum

Yeah, hope you're doing well too. :D

Day 36: 30mg (1x10mg and 1x20mg)

Skin:

Really nothing now to report. I'm waiting until saturday or sunday to do another mild peel.

Side Effects:

@bimmerman11

Yeah, it's my first time on accutane

Day 37: 30mg (1x10mg and 1x20mg)

Skin:

Skin condition is still good but I want to comment on another thing today: I have noticed it around 5-8 days ago, but I wasn't sure if I'm hallucinating or if it's the real deal. Now I can say for sure, that 2 of my shallow scars are even shallower now. I even think I only see them, because I know they were there in the first place.

Unfortunately my 2 olders scars almost remained the same as before.

Anyway, just wanted to share my experience here: so all ppl on accutane, keep it on.

Side Effects:

Sounds like things are going well. I'll be tracking your progress because I plan on trying a low dose regiment in September.

I weigh 180 lbs which I think is approximately 80 kgs. What would be considered low dose for me?

Also Planlos, what foods do you take your pills with? At what time of day do you take each pill?

I appreciate any info you can share because I want to have all my facts straight before I see my derm in a month.

Godd luck!

Marc

Man Im takin 40 mg durin my first month and 80 mg for the other 4....ive been on it for 8 days and i got dry lips and back pains when in bend over...It's worth so im gunna stick in there...good luck to everyone

@bimmerman11

Look at my post from day 35: just divide your dosis with your weight: so 40mg/80kg = 0,5mg/kg.

Actually 0,5mg/kg a day and higher is a normal dose. But some derms still consoder it low. It's just a general measure point. In my opinion it's better to look after the side effects you get with each dose and the benefit from accutane.

When I started accutane I tought 10mg/day would be enough and I was scared of the side effects. In the end I didn't even have dry lips but i already got less oily. So I stayed on 10mg/day for 10 days to let my body accostumed to this dosage before I took the next step. The same with 20mg/day and then 30mg/day. With 30mg/day I'm very statisfied with the side effects and the results I get from accutane, so I will stay on this dosage and maybe decrease it a bit when I'm almost finished.

So just start low and try to find the dosage that is best suited for you.

@CHR1S IS GANGSTUHH

Yup, accutane is worth all the trouble. :)

Day 38: 30mg (1x10mg and 1x20mg)

Skin:

Got a tiny whitehead on the right side under my mouth. But I already extracted it: there is a light pink point there now, which you can't see unless you're right in front of my face and trying your best to find it. :P

Side Effects:

Day 39: 30mg (1x10mg and 1x20mg)

Skin:

I have a new little bump under my right cheeck, but I'm not sure if it's acne or a mosquito bite.

But it really doesn matter, because the rest of my face is looking rather good. :)

My whole face feels really smooth now and I have no oil on my face anymore. :dance:

Side Effects:

Isn't this great?

We both started at the same time so I'll just keep checkin with your log to know how long I have been on for :D

Definite improvements have happened for me as well.

Very small pimples, more like tiny white heads are the only active one I have had.

Still getting a few large ones on my back however but I can handle that.

I may even have to bump up to 30 myself if the back does not show any improvement.

I am grateful now however with the progress I have made thus far.

Congrats to us.

@MoeMentum

Yeah man, accutane is really great stuff. I mean, it's the best I ever did against my acne.

I might not posting on your log so often, but I'm checking it almost on a daily basis.

Day 40: 30mg (1x10mg and 1x20mg)

Skin:

I squeezed the bump I mentioned yesterday: and I squeezed it really hard, so a scab is forming there now. :confused:

Man when it comes to this shit, I can't really control myself.

But anyway, the rest of my face is still looking great and I'm feeling great too. :)

Side Effects:

Day 41: 30mg (1x10mg and 1x20mg)

Skin:

Nothing new and one spot is healing.

Side Effects: