Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Went to the beach 2 days ago and thought there will be no harm. I read about salt water would help reduce blemish skin. (sunlight + salt water = blemish free). Alright, swam for about 4 hours ( in and out), guess what?.... it did helped alot. I can honestly say that my skin got clearer (80% improvement) but the problem is I got darker, AS IN darker. And so, im thinking about going for tan.... In the first place, i never even considered going for tan. All i ever wanted was to simply swim as it would bring benefits since i have a blemish skin.....any opinion......

Don't tan. The saltwater should work as well without the sun. Maybe?

Thanks for the input! That was quick =) I was considering not to since i've read alot of negative statement about tanning. I'll make myself really stupid by saying this, i didnt apply any SPF on and so i believe that was the main reason why i got darker. I considering going to the beach in the future event and i was wondering how can i avoid by not getting tan since i saw a substantial improvement on my skin ? What kind of lotion/ SPF should i apply? .... =) I also would like to point out that, i've tried using seasalt water at home, well just a slight improvement, lets say 30%. Swimming at the beach was more effective. Giving me the urge to go to the beach everyday.. no kidding! LOL

Forgot to mention that swimming at the beach for 4 hours giving me a realistic result, i was completely shocked compared to the seasalt-at-home for almost 2 weeks. i was planning swim at the beach every morning at least for 2 hours since there isnt much sun exposure compared in the afternoon.......

I limit my sun exposure and only use an spf 15 made by Purpose...but I hope if you do the tanning that your skin doesn't break out from it in the longer term...your skin will get dried out from the sun and clear up but the skin will typically produce more oil to compensate the dryness, causing more breakouts...good luck, I don't know!

tanning isnt as bad as the sun only bc the suns rays are not balanced .. in a tanning bed they are .. and tanning beds only have 2 rays instead of 3 or how many the sun does have. So when ur in a tanning bed there is less chance of burning. To prevent dryness form a tanning bed juss put on one of the many tanning lotions they have on display .. they do work .. and juss make sure when u get home u shower and then moisturize ur body again .. that will help keep ur skin hydrated. You might breakout the first week or so u do it only bc ur skin isnt use to it .. but after that u will b fine and ur skin will be balanced again.