Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Honesly this forum makes me 10 times more depressed about myself than I already was.

Before I started looking here I felt a bit self concious but I never let it run me down and think that I was some sort of freak. I still enjoyed life and was thankful for what I had. I've never thought I was gorgeous lol but I didnt think i was UGLY

But reading all these threads- all these ppl who have the same problem as me talk as though there whole life is a disaster and there is nothing for them makes me feel that I should be the same way. :confused:

I thought this forum was to help support one another about how to improve your life even though they have acne. How to keep ur head held high and realize that there is more imp. stuff in life. There are soo many depressing threads it just makes me feel lower and lower about myself. IDK even the replies that ppl give in threads when ppl feel sad about there look usually consist of negativity. Like, "oh ya...it sucks that I cant leave my house because Im hideous also."

The thing is I was really happy tp find this site because it has soo much useful information and ppl w/ the same problem and I thought that this section would make me feel better. But no it just makes me feel like I shouldnt have any self confidence.

IDK I really like this site b/c of all the helpful info. and ppl but this section which I thought would be the support section really hurts me and I dont think thats what its purpose was to begin with.

Guest Spike Rules89

Yeah in short, acne sucks.

i suppose many find solace in knowing others are out there too, that can be good.

i understand what your saying, prior to this you felt bad but you strove to be better. But now you feel a little less bad, but without the same ambition?

Guest chipmunk_spunk

Honesly this forum makes me 10 times more depressed about myself than I already was.

Before I started looking here I felt a bit self concious but I never let it run me down and think that I was some sort of freak. I still enjoyed life and was thankful for what I had. I've never thought I was gorgeous lol but I didnt think i was UGLY

But reading all these threads- all these ppl who have the same problem as me talk as though there whole life is a disaster and there is nothing for them makes me feel that I should be the same way. :confused:

I thought this forum was to help support one another about how to improve your life even though they have acne. How to keep ur head held high and realize that there is more imp. stuff in life. There are soo many depressing threads it just makes me feel lower and lower about myself. IDK even the replies that ppl give in threads when ppl feel sad about there look usually consist of negativity. Like, "oh ya...it sucks that I cant leave my house because Im hideous also."

The thing is I was really happy tp find this site because it has soo much useful information and ppl w/ the same problem and I thought that this section would make me feel better. But no it just makes me feel like I shouldnt have any self confidence.

IDK I really like this site b/c of all the helpful info. and ppl but this section which I thought would be the support section really hurts me and I dont think thats what its purpose was to begin with.

:clap:

It normally takes people several months here to realise that. I'm impressed.

This particalar forum actually makes a lot of people more depressed, rather than offering support.

The other forums on the site are excellent though.

i understand what your saying, prior to this you felt bad but you strove to be better. But now you feel a little less bad, but without the same ambition?

Not really.

They are saying that this forum just makes them depressed. :)

i suppose many find solace in knowing others are out there too, that can be good.

true that.

i feel like i feel better knowing that there are people out there who feel the same way i do...and that go through the same things i do...but i would definately say that i'm a little more conscious and aware of my acne now than i was before i started reading posts here. with that said, i still cant stop coming and visiting! :confused: i think i've got kind of attached to the people here, even though i dont even personally know em :)

Guest chipmunk_spunk

Thats certainly very true.

But I don't think this forum is neccessary to achieve that. The other forums are enough.

This is just a place where people come to wallow in their own misery and I don't think its healthy in large doses.

The Emo forum is not the best single forum to judge the entire site of Acneorg. This is the place where you are going to hear about the most depressing effects of acne, so yeah, this place can get really depressing some days.

BUT - there is A TON of support going on in this forum, too. Alot of "Hey, I feel that, too. You're not alone." That's important. Acne is such a an isolating disease - it's good to know that you're not the only one who gets down because of your skin.

Emo is my favorite place. And maybe it's because I like the chaos, but it's also because of all the places here on Acneorg, you get some of the rawest honesty right here in the Emotional Effects of Acne forum.

I have found the opposite.

Sure there's lots of people bitching.... but lots of them are also hopeful and leave encouraging words on forums or logs posted.

I think it depends on how you feel when you join. I have only been here a few weeks as well and have read all the same boards, but think it's good here and some people just need more emotional help than others. I certainly don't feel worse about myself. I'm very happy I joined and am active in the forums. I also hope that when my skin is finally clear, I'll stay to help others who aren't as lucky yet.

I have found the opposite.

Sure there's lots of people bitching.... but lots of them are also hopeful and leave encouraging words on forums or logs posted.

I think it depends on how you feel when you join. I have only been here a few weeks as well and have read all the same boards, but think it's good here and some people just need more emotional help than others. I certainly don't feel worse about myself. I'm very happy I joined and am active in the forums. I also hope that when my skin is finally clear, I'll stay to help others who aren't as lucky yet.

agreed.

I love this forum because without it I would feel like I'm the only one suffering through this. you must be in a very lucky position then, to either have friends who 100% understand what you are going through, or you can keep everything inside ok. of course some of the stuff is very sad at times, but the benefits > negatives by a landslide.