Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ive decided to give green tea a shot at curing my oil skin/acne. Apparently it helps to balance hormones. However, I cant drink 6-8 cups of tea a day so I picked up some green tea supplement pills. I was wondering what the ratio of pill to cup of tea was. EAch pill has 300mg of Green Tea leaf extract and 150mg of Polyphenois. I guess it would be more useful to know how much polyphenois is in a tea bag. Thanks for the help!!

Also, if anybody knows any good green tea brands, specifically in Canada, that we can trust; that would be useful. I have doubts that the stuff that can be bought in supermarkets has any benefits at all.

Buy loose leaf brands from a quality tea shop, if you have one. Otherwise, Traditional Medicinals and Yogi Tea are both top notch tea bag brands. By the way WHITE TEA IS BETTER FOR YOU THEN GREEN TEA, IT HAS MORE ANTIOXIDANTS AND LESS CAFFIENE.

I buy Rooibos African tea in Canada. It's organic and some of the teas they make (I think the red tea) have more antioxidants than green tea, and no caffeine!

i drink around 6cups a day id say

but have no idea how many g's it is etc or if the pills wil do the same thing.

try and simply drink it more often

its nice :D

I drink Double Dragon. Green Tea is awesome.

It won't solve acne on its own, but it's a worthwhile player to have on the teamsheet.

go to www.rishi-tea.com for the best and most potent tea.. get the loose leaf ...

For sure, Rishi is good tea. Another great loose leaf brand is Tao of Tea, http://www.taooftea.com/, they got a whole assortment of nice stuff from rare white teas to ayudverdic blends to famous Chinese and Japanese Greens to Indian Chais to herbal. Either way loose leaf in a french press > bags any day!

i liked Green Tea anyway and then i found it can be slimming, antioxidising, and through taking out toxins can help your acne. i try to drink at least one cup a day and im a little peed that iv only just found out its SIX-EIGHT cups a day. considering my agar has turned off and im impatient to wait for the kettle to boil, leave bag to ooze or wateva.

and i once i stopped drinking it for a month or so and i had an outbreak so i have no idea if it could of been connected..who knows? what i do know is that WHITE TEA IS LOVELY! but more expensive and a little harder to find :(

- I USE "CLIPPER" ORGANIC GREEN OR WHITE TEA and they're lovely. i think it may be fairtrade too. and u find that in Sainsburys, Tescos and other big shops(this is in the UK btw)

Green tea won't cure your acne. It's good for the body though and since its good for the body it's good for the skin.

WHITE TEA IS BETTER FOR YOU THEN GREEN TEA

White tea is essentially green tea, however with white they only use the juvenile leaves, where as green is mature leaves.

I drink green tea as often as I can, not sure if drinking it helps, but you can try chilling your used tea bags and use them as a toner after you wash your face. It feels refreshing and seems to help clear up skin. I have read it is good for your skin to bathe in green tea-but haven't tried that yet.