Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
willow569

Willow's (Modified) Face Reality regimen

Nice running into you today willow. And everyone... don't let willow fool you, she has great clear skin. ;)

Thanks! It was nice meeting you too. Hope your facial went well - I know you were in great hands with Shilpa! And I know I've gotten way too picky about my skin as its cleared up. I get all worried about a few clogged pores or an inflamed spot here or there. The little spots that bug me now never would have bothered me a year and a half ago! :) So how long have you been going to Face Reality now? I've lost track.... Laura gave me a tour of the new office they're moving into at the front of their building. Its huge and really nice!!!!

Aw, I want to meet the great Willow, aka Kim. :drool:

Awww... thanks! Perhaps I will see you over at Face Reality one of these days! :)

I am getting some mild flaking from the peel I had on Friday, but not too much. I expect the most peeling will happen tomorrow and the next day. It usually takes a couple of days for the skin to start loosening and flaking off. I am getting one mini-pustule about an inch away from side of my mouth. Can't tell yet if its going to be a problem spot or not. I used my zeno on it this morning and iced it for 5-10 min this afternoon. Its not noticeable at the moment, hopefully it will stay that way! The chin spot that was giving me problems is now just a flat red mark.

Grrr.... the spot did end up being a problem one. Its now a red, just starting to heal, pustule. Makeup isn't doing much to hide it today. I've been spot treating in the am with Clarate serum (salicylic acid+tea tree oil+resorcinol) - its great for drying up spots. Then I am spot treating with 5% BP in the evening. Hoping it will go soon.....

It seems like I always get these things when its nowhere near my time to get a facial. My skin always seems to be at its clearest the days before I have a facial scheduled. Maybe I need to change the schedule so its more in line with my monthly cycle?

Just read though your log :D

I think changing your facial schedule would probably be a good idea, sort of a week/3 days before your cycle or something :/

Have you tried Visine on the redness? I've been using it for a couple of years on red irritated spots and it really does 'get the red out'. I tear a small piece off a cotton pad, wet it with a few drops of Visine, and leave it on the spot for a few minutes, usually I finish my eye make-up or get dressed or something, then when I take it off the spot the redness is almost gone!

Hope that helps! =]

It seems like I always get these things when its nowhere near my time to get a facial. My skin always seems to be at its clearest the days before I have a facial scheduled. Maybe I need to change the schedule so its more in line with my monthly cycle?

If you're breaking out in line with your cycle, perhaps your acne is hormonal and you should use progesterone cream. I started using it last month and did not get my usual PMS breakout for the first time in a year!!!

Just read though your log :D

I think changing your facial schedule would probably be a good idea, sort of a week/3 days before your cycle or something :/

Have you tried Visine on the redness? I've been using it for a couple of years on red irritated spots and it really does 'get the red out'. I tear a small piece off a cotton pad, wet it with a few drops of Visine, and leave it on the spot for a few minutes, usually I finish my eye make-up or get dressed or something, then when I take it off the spot the redness is almost gone!

Hope that helps! =]

Thanks for the tip! The redness is mostly gone, but I'll give that a try the next time I have a problem (which hopefully won't be for awhile!) I think that my facial falls right at the clearest point in my cycle. I think if I bumped it up a week or two, I might be more on track with when my pores tend to start clogging up.

If you're breaking out in line with your cycle, perhaps your acne is hormonal and you should use progesterone cream. I started using it last month and did not get my usual PMS breakout for the first time in a year!!!

I think there is a slight hormonal component, but I don't know that its a huge factor for me. I usually only get one inflamed spot at any given time (and some months I don't get any), so I'm not sure that I need to add something like progesterone cream. I am glad to hear it worked for you though!

The pustule next to my mouth is just a flat red mark now. No active spots at all right now - yay!! :dance: The peeling from my facial stopped a couple of days ago - so no flakies today either.

Aw man I couldn't go to my appointment on Saturday, was still too sick. But I re-schedules this Saturday. The Acne Scrub isn't as bad as I thought it was initially, I don't get red or burny anymore so I will continue to use it. My face has gotten extremely smooth and seemingly with non-bumps, but I know I have some. I feel as if I am at the point where I do not get much breakouts on my cheeks anymore, I just want to get rid of the massive redmarks and redness :( I will start to use the Finacea again and see if that helps.

Aw man I couldn't go to my appointment on Saturday, was still too sick. But I re-schedules this Saturday. The Acne Scrub isn't as bad as I thought it was initially, I don't get red or burny anymore so I will continue to use it. My face has gotten extremely smooth and seemingly with non-bumps, but I know I have some. I feel as if I am at the point where I do not get much breakouts on my cheeks anymore, I just want to get rid of the massive redmarks and redness :( I will start to use the Finacea again and see if that helps.

Looks like you are seeing some great results. The redmarks/redness will take time to heal. I have the same issue with redness, and after 3 months, its finally starting to fade.

My redness is pretty much my whole cheek(s) and temple area, so I look like I have sun burn. That and the area is filled with red marks.

My redness is pretty much my whole cheek(s) and temple area, so I look like I have sun burn. That and the area is filled with red marks.

Yeah, the redness takes awhile to go away. Time is the best thing for that (although exfoliants and finacea can help speed up the process, as does wearing sunscreen).

Well, I spoke too soon when I mentioned no active zits. I started getting a sore spot right on the tip of my chin Sunday night. I used my zeno on it three times, and also iced it for awhile last night and this morning. It was pretty coverable with makeup yesterday, and this morning as well (although I have a feeling its goig to get progressively more obvious throughout the day today). Its weird that I've gotten this slight increase in scattered inflamed spots over the last couple months (I've been getting 1 spot every 1-2 wks) because during my last 2 facials there was very little to extract from my skin. So, I don't seem to have many clogged pores, but I have had an increase in random inflamed pimples. Its been VERY stressful for me at work lately, so I am wondering if that is what is partly to blame.

Where's their office going to be re-located?

Same building, front suite (on the left side if you are facing the front of the building. They got all moved in today. Laura showed me around the office before the construction was finished. Its really nice. The place is about 2 1/2 times the size of the other office they were in. It also has a really nice glass-wall conference room that she is going to use to teach her classes.

Chin spot is looking a little better today. I think it may be going away without developing into a full blown pustule. It has shrunk somewhat and the redness has lessened (some of the redness may have been due to my using the zeno too many times on it, plus the sulfur mask I left on the spot overnight). Hopefully it will just continue going away!!

Man I am just so sick of this redness its so unbearable and a hindrance. This is my main problem, not acne anymore, the redness on my cheeks just never goes away. It's been here since acne was here, it's bringing me down the most.:(

Man I am just so sick of this redness its so unbearable and a hindrance. This is my main problem, not acne anymore, the redness on my cheeks just never goes away. It's been here since acne was here, it's bringing me down the most.:(

Sorry you are feeling down about that. Is it redness due to the acne? Or due to irritation/dryness from the acne medications? Have you asked anybody at Face Reality for suggestions?

Hows the zit on your chin doing today Kim? Is it almost gone now or it got worse? I certainly hope its healing nicely for you :)

Thanks - It seems like its sort of going away. I can't tell for sure though. I think it has felt worse than it has looked - its right on the tip of my chin, so its pressing right up against the bone in the tip of my chin.

Hows the zit on your chin doing today Kim? Is it almost gone now or it got worse? I certainly hope its healing nicely for you :)

Thanks - It seems like its sort of going away. I can't tell for sure though. I think it has felt worse than it has looked - its right on the tip of my chin, so its pressing right up against the bone in the tip of my chin.

I currently have three zits on the tip of my chin. I know how painful they can be and it sucks! You are gorgeous though Kim. Youve got that gorgeous red hair!

I currently have three zits on the tip of my chin. I know how painful they can be and it sucks! You are gorgeous though Kim. Youve got that gorgeous red hair!

Thanks Molly. :) The spot is pretty much just a large red mark now. Hoping it won't come back!!

Things are looking decent today. The spot on the tip of my chin is slowly fading. Its still a tiny bump with a bit of redness and peeling around it, but its very coverable with makeup now. I think I may have actually burned my skin with the Zeno. That happened to me only once before when I overused the device. I think this time because the spot was right on top of a bone on my chin, that the skin there was so thin that 4 zaps with the zeno in a 24 hour period just fried the skin a little bit. So, instead of dealing with an inflamed zit for the last week I have been dealing with a small, circular burn on my chin. It peeled like crazy this whole week too. No other spots since then though.

I think the addition of the 5% glycolic serum has helped exfoliate my skin more. I get the peelies once or twice a week - which is about where I want to be. I am only using the serum every 4th night under my derm gel. I may slowly bump up the frequency, depending on how my skin reacts.

I am also starting a new topical treatment for the body folliculitis. Its not really bad right now, but I did get a little flare up a couple weeks ago, so I asked my derm for propylene glycol. I got a 50:50 mix of PG and water. Just started using it last night, so we shall see how it goes. I am going to use it twice a day (provided I don't get any irritation) for the first few weeks, and stop the mandelic serum. I'll keep using the mandelic cleanser every other morning. After a few weeks, I'll cut back on the PG to once a day and add back in the mandelic serum every other night.

Hey, for you Face Reality regulars, I have a question for you. I have mild acne(1-3 every few weeks), bumps, and red spots. Would they be able to find a solution for me? How does the process work? Do I pay them $25 for the first visit and then $75 if I decide to go with the treatment? What would I expect in my first visit? How much are the products? Thanks!

Hey, for you Face Reality regulars, I have a question for you. I have mild acne(1-3 every few weeks), bumps, and red spots. Would they be able to find a solution for me? How does the process work? Do I pay them $25 for the first visit and then $75 if I decide to go with the treatment? What would I expect in my first visit? How much are the products? Thanks!

They should be able to help with any type of acne (if, for whatever reason, they don't think you will benefit from treatments, they will tell you that during the consult.) It is $25 for the consult. When I started going there, if you decided to do treatments, the consult would end up being free. I don't know if they are still offering that though. After that, treatments are $75. Usually, they have new clients come in for treatments every two weeks until their skin clears up.

First visit, they would have you fill out a questionnaire, talk to you, and evaluate your acne and your skin sensitivity. Then they tell you what they would recommend as far as treatments go, and what you should expect. They will then give you a very specific regimen along with the products for the regimen. Cost of the products varies, but you would end up spending the most on products during the first visit, since you have to buy everything at once. After that, you just need to purchase as you run out of things. I think that most of their products are very reasonably priced though. There are just a couple of things that are on the pricier side (toner, and also most of the Vivant products they use on some clients).