Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bo0rk

Extreme! Drying

Ok so this was my third night on the csr. I just showered where i washed my face with ACT bar, And i was sitting down waiting 15 mins b4 i applied bp, And my face started to hurt, And started to feel really tight and painfull. So i looked into the mirror and litterally my bottom half of face was white with dry skin :(.

This a shine i should stop the regimen? Or is there something i can do?

Thanks for the help :(

Well, part of the problem may be the ACT bar is too drying for you. I believe that product is medicated.

Either that or you may have started out with too much bp too soon.

Try getting a nonmedicated cleanser, and/or decrease the amount of bp you are using for a few days and see if that helps. And do use plenty of moisturizer!

Ok so this was my third night on the csr. I just showered where i washed my face with ACT bar, And i was sitting down waiting 15 mins b4 i applied bp, And my face started to hurt, And started to feel really tight and painfull. So i looked into the mirror and litterally my bottom half of face was white with dry skin :(.

This a shine i should stop the regimen? Or is there something i can do?

Thanks for the help :(

Your problem is the Boots act bar, with the BP drying out the skin anyways, the act bar also does the same job.

so with you having the BP and the act bar drying out your skin, your gonna be worse off.

i use this soap and my skin also gets dry from it, but not too bad so i cant deal with it with a lot of moisturiser.

but if i was using BP on my face aswell which drys the skin up i cant really imagine how dry my skin would be.

your best bet is to find another soap bar / cleanser that doesn't dry the skin at all or very little.

i need to do this aswell but with me not using any BP on my face, i use this soap as it keeps my acne under control.

if i use any other soap bar / cleanser i get alot more spots and cysts than i do when using the Boots act bar.

but you should be ok, as you have the BP keeping your acne under control so you should be able to swop the act bar with something more gentle and your acne shouldn't get any worse off.

I was very very dry at the start of the regimen aswell, but don't worry it does get much better with time as your skin adjusts to BP. For now as other have said I would recommend switching cleanser, maybe cutting down a little on the amount of BP you're using as you may have started off with too much too soon, and using plently of moisturiser and applying it whenever you feel you need it! ;)

Dude I think it's the soap. I was using Pearl soap once a day and man even the BP moisturized me because I was so dry lol.

P.S. Hows ya driving lessons? Ya guys we share birthdates and are both 17 :) We both take driving lessons too.

Thanks for all the advice, Weird tho, Tha Bar didnt dry me out at all untill i started using BP.

About the driving lessons. Hmm :P , Ive had one official one, And just been driving around with my dad. Im okish at steering the thing, But cant get the god damn thing into gear ^^ (Scares me when the car starts to shake :D) Hows urs going?

Thanks for all the advice, Weird tho, Tha Bar didnt dry me out at all untill i started using BP.

About the driving lessons. Hmm :P , Ive had one official one, And just been driving around with my dad. Im okish at steering the thing, But cant get the god damn thing into gear ^^ (Scares me when the car starts to shake :D) Hows urs going?

Oh man only one? Lol it gets easier gear changing :) I've got my 7-8th hour tomorrow (2 hour lessons) and my 9th and 10th on Tuesday!

It's scary init lol I went on the countryside were it's quite and "chilled". Bad thing is I kept going over the 60miles (61!) and I got yelled at lol. Good luck mate keep it up. :dance::dance::dance::dance:

Bad thing is I kept going over the 60miles (61!) and I got yelled at lol.

you rebel hehehhehe!

here is a tip, on country lanes watch out for cyclists!

they are crap at keeping to the side and if you knock em off they DONT like it hehe!

IPB Image

Bad thing is I kept going over the 60miles (61!) and I got yelled at lol.

you rebel hehehhehe!

here is a tip, on country lanes watch out for cyclists!

they are crap at keeping to the side and if you knock em off they DONT like it hehe!

IPB Image

Yes, whatch out for the cyclists- I managed to run one over a few weeks ago. You've both got to be better drivers then me when I first started learning- I drove on the wrong side of the road and needed about 30 lessons :wall: But I passed my test first time about 3 months ago, although I have had a fair few crashes since then... :wacko:

needed about 30 lessons :wall: But I passed my test first time about 3 months ago, although I have had a fair few crashes since then... :wacko:

she is special what can i say :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Hijacking my thread with your storys of road violence! ^^

Anyway, I will stick with it for a week or 2, See if it dies down as my skin gets more use to the BP. If not will order some of dans cleanser <3.

Gawd estate agent is showing people around my house today, Time to tidy up and get dressed i guess! BaBye <3