Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Veen

best time to take probiotics?

Is is best to take them on an empty stomach, so they can move quicly to your bowels?

Or is it better to take them after a meal, so stomach acid is reduced and they have better chance of survival?

I use primal defense. the label says to take it on an empty stomach, so thats what im doing. and i ordered udo's choice super 5 probiotics. that label says to take it after a meal...

Im eating them in the yogurt in the morning

should be the emptiest time

Empty stomach or 20-40 minutes before a meal is supposed to be best.

What I've had the BEST results with, was I bought some probiotic powder made by Jarrow, added half a tsp. (24 billion living organisms!) into a glass with some psyllium and chugged it down. Supposed to make them sweep across the entirety of your gut and really help out the situation and in my case I saw results way faster then when I took the pills because I was havin some sketchy BM's and diarrhea and it got knocked right out.

Udo is right. You should take them on a full stomach. The pH of the empty stomach is between 1.5 and 1.9 whereas, due to the buffering capacity of food, the pH is raised to between 3.8 and 4.3 in the full stomach.

ok thanks h0ppy! does this mean I should take the PD on a full stomach as well? You use these 2 products too, right? How do you use it and how many?

Eat lots of fibre. That gives the 'good' bacteria a better chance of surviving longer in your body, thus promoting your efforst in taking the probiotics.

I take some after eating breakfast :)

Right now I am eating activia from danone, can anyone recommend something better if there is one?

Hoppy, could you answer my previous post? :razz:

Right now I am eating activia from danone, can anyone recommend something better if there is one?

those commercial dairy products with probiotics are crap and wont help much. and they contain a lot of sugar...

@fierylove: u live in a box or something? try google.

Hoppy, could you answer my previous post? :razz:

those commercial dairy products with probiotics are crap and wont help much. and they contain a lot of sugar...

@fierylove: u live in a box or something? try google.

excuse me no i do not live in a fucking box ... juss bc u know exactly what probiotics are deosnt mean all 6 Billion othe rppl on this universe know ok.. i am sure you are not a genious either. Plus i asked what they were bc i thought someone would b kinda enough to give me some info .. yea i could have used google .. but it didnt cross my mind .. so i suggest you grow up and dont treat ppl like shit.

im eating muller vitality with omega 3

its pro and pre biotic

Finding it very good

its been all over the news and had a lot of publicity lately.

I dont ususally watch the news and if i do i pay attention to other situations like the War in iraq ... the only time i have seen the word probitoc was eithe ron this site or on some yogurt containers .. didnt seem important enough to google it .. but seeing as all of you are tlaking about i ifgured id ask .. like other ppl asks questions on this site i didnt expect to get some fool to give me a smart ass answer.

what are probiotics? and what do they do for you?

basically u find it in pill form and they contain billions of benefical bacteria that usually grows in the intestine but can regularly be depleted and taken over by bad bacteria. Main one is acidophilus. Yoghurt is a mild probiotic and contains natural beneficial bacteria. People use them for assisting in cleansing the intestinal tract in detox, treating candida and any other illness that can relate to the digestive system e.g ACNE !

seeing as i eat alot of yogurt would it still b benefical to take more probiotics?

Yes Veen bc i suppose ur the greatest typer in the world right? who cares how i type as long as you can read it .. so what if i mix a couple words around big deal.. actually u can read anythign as long as the first and last word are in the right place ... uednrsntad .. konw .... gte the ieda?

I think some of you need to get lives if you spend your time picking on ppl. Especially you Veen since I've joined this site you have acted like an arrogant asshole.