Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do you ever feel like you jinx yourself? Seriously, it seems like every time I admire a part of my skin because it has cleared up, I swear, the next day I get a horrible breakout. Tonight for example, for the past few weeks, my right side of my face has been very clear... and last night, I was just admiring how clear it was and said to myself "I hope I can keep it clear for a while!"... then BAM.. When I was in the shower tonight I felt a painful under the skin pimple forming on my right cheek, along with a couple other zits. This has happened numorous times.

:ninja: pretty freaky stuff if you ask me

you gotta start thinking about how you can fix it and prevent them instead of some voodoo shit lol

haha it happens to me a lot. sometimes ill look in the mirror and be like "this has to be it, i must finally be getting clear" and then the next day or the day after, i get attacked.

Yeah, the same thing happens to me. I specifically remember one night after looking in the mirror, I'm thinking "I'm so lucky I don't break out on my cheeks" then voila! Zit on my cheek the next day.

All the time. If I see it looks better I avoid saying it outloud. But any time a family member comments on how good my skin looks, the next day...bam its a wreck.

What about karma? Have you guys ever done something like, not too nice to someone and then the next day had a really big zit? I think zits are God's way of punishing us :lol:

im in the process of creating a machine to shrink me down to tiny size, so i can go on2 my own pores........

stay with me........stay with me........

.........go onto my own pores and kick the CRAP out of acne 1st hand..

haha yeh I believe in jinxing... my twin sister does too... when ever I say to her "Oh, you are sooo lucky your skin is looking really clear.." few days later she breaks out and blames it on me sayin "God damn it, Charlotte.... you jinxed me!!" oops. I am always blammed! lol

well you may be jinxing yourself, or it may be a little thing i like to call stress.

When your face starts clearing up you get excited, but inside, even though you dont really feel derpressed or stressed out you actually are. Your subconsious starts stressing out because you are afraid of a breakout to come along.

I find that the more i just stop worrying about it, the better my scne gets. Im not saying forget to wash your face and stuff, but you know, stop freaking out.

The biggest source of stress is looking in the mirror, the more you look in the mirror the more stressed out you will get because of your acne.

And remember even if you dont feel stressed out, you still could be stressed and not know it.

and one thing people dont realise, is that if your head is lower than your heart, mor eblood will flow to it, causeing stress in your sinuses, and blood vessels on your face. This is mild stress, but i have found it to be a factor. Also try not to laugh too hard, as this can increase bloodflow to your face and cause mild stress. I've been following these guidelines and i have noticed like a 10% clearup.