Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey Everyone, today was my first day of starting Accutane, I'm very excited! :dance:

I'd really appreciate it if you all would help me with a list of things I will need, I've been reading about people taking vitamin E and Omega 3 with their Accutane, what's with that? and also what kind of face wash etc. will I need? Thanks for your help :)

anyone? :doubt:

vit supplements waste of time, especially vit E and definately vit A for obvious reason. You will need alot of lip moisturizer as lips dry the most, vaseline is best. And for when the skin dries some good moisturizer. Thats it, and when you probably get an initial outbreak, or bad flare ups where your acne and skin get alot worse ride it out, maybe a mild antibacterial wash on occasion. You may get lucky, but i for one didnt see any improvemt until the end of the 3rd month and the it was very bad for those 3 months...good luck with it and patience.

I was looking for the same thing DMB when I first started!

Check out my signature, it's all the stuff I've got in preparation and needed within the first 2 weeks on accutane:

Products used/planning to use: various lip chaps

Dove sensitive skin bar soap (rarely used),

Cetaphil clenser (VERY small bottle, I use very little)

Shiseido purness moisturizing oil-free gel (you probably don't have to get this)

*added* Complex 15 face cream (for flaky skin when it started to dry out week 2)

Regular visine eye drops (just in case)

also, have lip balm everywhere.... really.... don't just get one and carry it with you! Leave one in your livingroom, bathroom, car, work, purse, etc.

I still used my old cleaning stuff for the first week, although I cut out BP completly. Just do whatever you are comfortable with, everyone is different!

Check out the accutane logs for a story that is like yours, it might be very helpful!

Also, every time you take your pill, make sure you have something good and fatty to take with it, I swear it will make a difference!

Good luck and tell us how you are doing :)

how bad is ur acne to get accutane, mine is moderately bad i think but because of the 5 month waiting list its starting to clear up, i want roaccutane but will i get it, how bad is urs??

finallymejess you couldn't have been more helpful :) thank you so much! How fatty does my meals have to be? Is 5 grams of fat enough?

meezbagoo, my acne is very mild but I've had to wait a year to get on Accutane and a year ago my acne was really bad, I would break out in a cyst or 2 a week, now I just have normal acne (if that's what you'd call it) and once in awhile a cyst will pop up. I've had acne ever since I was 11 and I've tryed everything so Accutane is my last resort, so I'm praying this works for me :pray:

finallymejess you couldn't have been more helpful :) thank you so much! How fatty does my meals have to be? Is 5 grams of fat enough?

LOL! noooooooooooooooo! Try more like 50 grams!

I'm serious, like mcdonals, pizza, etc..... it was suggested that whatever you eat, put extra fat on it.... cook everything in oil or add butter to it. at the very least, have it with a glass of 2% milk (homo 3.25% would be even better). I've just been eating super healthy during the day, then fatting it up to take my pill at night!

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

LOL! noooooooooooooooo! Try more like 50 grams!

I'm serious, like mcdonals, pizza, etc..... it was suggested that whatever you eat, put extra fat on it.... cook everything in oil or add butter to it. at the very least, have it with a glass of 2% milk (homo 3.25% would be even better). I've just been eating super healthy during the day, then fatting it up to take my pill at night!

You don't have to eat bad fats like fries and pizza to take the tane. What you need are good fats. You can find good fats in things like olive oil, nuts, and avacados. You need to watch your cholesterol because if it gets too high they will take you off the drug. Eating all those bad fats will add to that. Also people take omega 3 because it's a good fat and it helps the tane absorb. Some also say it helps with joint pain.

Everything I use is in my sig.

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

There's fish oil, flax seed oil, and you can get omega 3, 6, 9. I currently have several different brands of fish oil.