Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everyone, I'm new to the message board!

I was wondering if anyone else has tried the new Cover Fx makeup. I am always on the lookout for new foundations that are non-comedogenic and Cover Fx claims to be especially made for covering acne, rosacea, scars & etc. I purchased their total cover cream foundation and I like the product but I am afraid it will lead to breakouts in the future. Their ingredients list do not seem to contain any offending ingredients but their blush does contain isopropyl myristrate, so I wonder how dedicated they are to providing non-comedogenic products.

welcome to the boards!

i used coverfx when i had active acne and redmarks while on accutane. it covered them all very easily and i never broke out because of it. the only drawback i found was that it is so thick and heavy that it's more noticable than other makeups. if you have a lot of acne and dark redmarks, it's a good choice though with all the coverage.

I tried cover fx and didn't like it. I found it cakey and greasy feeling. It does contain sodium chloride which is very comedogenic, but some people are more sensitive than others to comedogenic ingredients, so they only way to know if it will cause you a problem is to try it for a couple of weeks.

I've tried a million foundations and finally found a good one for my acne prone skin...La Roche Posay Toleriane Corrective Fluid Foundation (made for intolerant, sensitive acne prone skin).

Hey,

I have the liquid foundation and mattifying powder, along with the powder foundation... i found i could not find the best colour for my skin tone in the liquid foundation and powder foundation... the liquid foundation i also found oily when applied and when its on the skin and very fake *i look like i am wearing make-up..fake*...

The only success i have had is with the oil bloting powder... its wonderful and I use it everday... overtop of m foundation currently Almay Skin Stays Clear in Bisque...

Bentley**

Guest TylerD

CoverFx is the only makeup I use. I use an M30 creme foundation. And it is by far the best makeup I have ever used. Ive been using it for about a year now and have yet to breakout from it. Nothing but good things about this stuff. And it is well worth the 35 bucks you spend on it believe me.

I was wondering if anyone else has tried the new Cover Fx makeup. I am always on the lookout for new foundations that are non-comedogenic and Cover Fx claims to be especially made for covering acne, rosacea, scars & etc. I purchased their total cover cream foundation and I like the product but I am afraid it will lead to breakouts in the future. Their ingredients list do not seem to contain any offending ingredients but their blush does contain isopropyl myristrate, so I wonder how dedicated they are to providing non-comedogenic products.

Hi Breezy,

I haven't tried Cover Fx makeup. I was having the same problems as you.

I tried everything from Mary Kay, Revlon, Neutrogena, Almay, ... you name it. Nothing help cover up the redness in my skin. And they even aggravated the problem.

The liquid makeup you can buy from the stores can start growing bacteria in the jars as soon as you open the bottle and expose it to new air.

Bacteria grows in the bottles and we spread that gunk all over our face for months at a time. No wonder most girls have some kind of acne.

If I were you, I'd go to www.elegantminerals.com its call Elegant Minerals Makeup.

It’s recommended by dermatologist for people with acne, rosacea, and for use after procedures like microderabrasion and laser treatments.

It's the mineral makeup everyone's been talking about and it's not expensive because they don't run commercials on T.V. all day long.

They don’t put any harmful ingredients or perfumes in their makeup.

They have foundation colors for all skin tones from the whitest of whites to women of color.

Now my skin looks great. All of my friends and family are commenting on the noticable change! I'm soo happy! I'm telling all my friends about it!

You should give them a try because I know you’ll be happy too.

(as others have said) Cover Fx is a very think/strong make-up. It was not originally marketed as a general cosmetic. Its original purpose was to be effective enough to help individuals who wished to cover large birth marks or other discolorations, hide scars/disfigurements, etc. Cover Fx was first used in hospitals and other care centers - in almost a rehabilitation sense. It is a thick make-up intentionally. While it can't hide large bumps, I can promise it will even out any and all redness or other discoloration issues.

I would not say they are extremely committed to providing non-comedogenic products, because that was not the orignial focus of their product. Although I have a close family member high up in the company (and could get product for free) I choose not to use it... Beyond the fact that it is heavy, I don't 'trust' it not to break me out.

Within the last year, they have significantly increased their US market presence - so for those who are interested in trying the product, it should be increasingly easier to find.

~Becca

Guest TylerD

Yup coverfx is the shit. Covers well and has never made me breakout. And I breakout from anything lol. The only thing that covers better then this is Dermablend. But that stuff is crap and gross.