Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
saab

My findings about acne scars thru this board

We all have the same question as to how to reduce our acne scars and everyone has their own two bits to help us. We all know sometimes it affects our confidence levels to have those red marks.

After reading all the posts and all the help I have got thru this forum I have my 2 cents to offer.

1. scars will go away with time or I should say that it will fade with time and it could take upto a year for it to go.

2. We can only speedup up the process for them to heal faster.

3. This is what I have found on this forum that people have suggested that helps:-

a. Vitamin e capsules put on the face helps.

b. Vitamin c serum also helps.

c. Neutrogena visibly moisturizer also helps.

d. Some say eucerin cream also helps if it has AHA .but eucerin redness cream is only to combat redness on the face and not the scars.

e. Bio oil also helps but I have oily skin so I don’t know how much of it would help and it’s not available in the US.

I HAVE NOT TRIED OR TESTED ANY OF THE ABOVE.

But what I feel each and every product works differently for each one of us . One product may or may not work for you doesn’t mean it isn’t effective and it’s all about you finding the product that helps you the most.

I tried using the Neutrogena acne cream when I had acne and it burnt my skin very badly so I had to stop using it. But it doesn’t mean that the product isn’t good. It might work well on some one else.i am using Mario badescu drying cream which works for me but it does leave some scars.

Now I am in need of a good cleanser since I have a very oily skin and my face gets oily every 3-4 hours. Currently I am using dove soap with vitamin e.

But I need a cleaner which isn’t very concentrated so that I can use in that 3-4 hour gap.

Any advice would help.

As far as acne scars I am going to try Neutrogena visibly even moisturizer and see if that helps if not will try some thing else.

Please add yr 2 bits as well.

Thanks ,

Sanam :)

Will Eucerin cream really help get rid/fade redmarks?

Thanks

i am as new to this as you are , so i really dont have much to offer. but i read on this board that eucerin redness cream will not help on scars if thats what you want to use. i am going to use neutrogena visibly even moisturizer. ive heard good reviews about it .

i dont think any of the items you listed above do anything for red marks. it's a deeper problem than many assume. People think puttings aha lotion on it will help...i dont think it will, it will still take months to years depending on how red the mark is. laser treatments will help the most and even that took me about 8 months

Now I am in need of a good cleanser since I have a very oily skin and my face gets oily every 3-4 hours. Currently I am using dove soap with vitamin e.

But I need a cleaner which isn’t very concentrated so that I can use in that 3-4 hour gap.

Any advice would help.

As far as acne scars I am going to try Neutrogena visibly even moisturizer and see if that helps if not will try some thing else.

Please add yr 2 bits as well.

If you need a cleanser thats very gentle I would suggest an organic soap (designed for acne) So it will not irritate or burn your skin.I use it myself and its very good and easy to use.

Also for scars/red marks I would use Rose hip oil(pure organic) morning and around 5p.m, and then just before bed use pure organic vitamin e cream. I also use organic moisturisers aswel from this organic range.

These products are brilliant but I don't think the vitamin e cream agreed with my skin so stopped using. But it faded my marks a hell of a lot.to find these products go onto this link on ebay,tell me what you think.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ZEN-PERSONAL-CARE-PURE-ORGANIC

:)

mat_muscles_13306390.bmp

mat_muscles_13306390.bmp

i heard neosporin first aid oinment works too ive been trying it , its fade my marks on the temple the rest not much use....

Red marks are caused by the inflammation itself. An impression, dent or scar on your skin is the aftermath of the inflammation. Red marks should go away within one week to possibly years but the point is.. they WILL disappear without a trace. Scars lack that awesome feature. They are known to occasionally fade or diminish on their own, but often they will stick around for a long long time. Even surgery doesn't actually get rid of them. They act like it will and then once you see the skin doctor, all of these exceptions and precautions come out of the woodwork. I recommend moisturizing with something that won't cause breakouts, and see if the scar will heal on its own. It sounds like the treatments available all have the capability of making your skin or scar much worse. JMO, I would hold off on invasive treatments as long as possible. Even topicals can cause trouble on you face, it's always best to stick with your normal face washing routine until you know for sure that the scar isn't budging.

i am as new to this as you are , so i really dont have much to offer. but i read on this board that eucerin redness cream will not help on scars if thats what you want to use. i am going to use neutrogena visibly even moisturizer. ive heard good reviews about it .

i am nt too much of a fan either of trying all sorts of creams . also my acne is not that big a concern as some of the others have mentioned.

so this week i went and bought purpose cleansing bar and neutrogena visibly even moisturizer. Thats all what i am going to use for my skin. Hope it works ...