Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DolceDolce

New to redmark treatments - what should i use?

hi everyone, i'm kind of new to all the redmark treatments, i believe what i thought was 'active acne' is acutally just a load of red marks, i still do have active acne, right now in these pictures im broken out, but most of it around my cheeks are the red marks

i've been reading in this forum - about vitamins, aloe vera, AHA moisturziers, but i don't know what is right for me...

the only thing ive 'used 'really is this neostrata solution mixed w/ clindamycin (given my derm) that had glycolic acid.. i didnt really see any improvement.

oh and i can't swallow pills unless theyre like SUPER tiny (like a birth control pill).. i cant swallow a whole advil/tylonel or anything like that!

i read yours too, Dami4n, but i still have active acne =( so i dont think i should use that...

i also have oily skin so i dont think more oil would be good?

have you tried retin-a micro?

I have the same type of marks as Dolce, but I never heard of retin-a micro? What is it, a prescription? Does it really help with old redmarks from old acne spots? Ive tried aloe vera, etc. everything!

Thanks alot

Guest nec77

I have the same type of marks as Dolce, but I never heard of retin-a micro? What is it, a prescription? Does it really help with old redmarks from old acne spots? Ive tried aloe vera, etc. everything!

Thanks alot

its a presrciption and it hasn't done anything for my marks. the only thing which is working for me (pretty slow) is using m.d. forte cleanser I -which contains glycolic acid, and a vitamin C serum. my derm wanted me to try that before he would do laser *pulse dye* and he said i'd see good results in 2 months. well its been 3 weeks and its a very slight improvement :\ i've had these marks for years too.

like you said, some people on here say vitamin C is helping them.. so im trying to consume more of that.

Thanks alot

its a presrciption and it hasn't done anything for my marks. the only thing which is working for me (pretty slow) is using m.d. forte cleanser I -which contains glycolic acid, and a vitamin C serum. my derm wanted me to try that before he would do laser *pulse dye* and he said i'd see good results in 2 months. well its been 3 weeks and its a very slight improvement :\ i've had these marks for years too.

like you said, some people on here say vitamin C is helping them.. so im trying to consume more of that.

i really don't see how a cleanser could do anything for red marks...but I hope everythings working out for you

You'll need to treat the active acne before you can treat the marks. Before, I was treating both and my acne and marks both get worse as my skin got more irritated. I have successfully treat active acne with topical clindamycin 1% and now concentrating in treating red marks/scar with scar remover containing vit a plus allantoin. Have been on it for 6 weeks and seeing improvements.

now concentrating in treating red marks/scar with scar remover containing vit a plus allantoin. Have been on it for 6 weeks and seeing improvements.

I too am in the process of waiting for my Derma E Scar Gel(which too as the allantoin for scars.. :)