Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi guys i need a quick fix for 2 bumps that are abt to pop. I suspect a cyst. I have a outing on Monday and i need some quick fixes on this to make it go down and not swell. Which should i use? Vinegar or Retinol? I tried retinol previously and it caused me to peel for almost a few days continuously and i don't really want the flakes but it kills off bacteria fast. Or should i use vinegar to bring it down and bring the whitehead out. Which should i use? Need advice here.. Thanks!

To be honest, I'm not seeing either of those as real solutions to your problem. I would probably just do a warm compress, maybe followed by ice. If you're going to pop it, it may be a good idea to put neosporin on it to prevent scarring and kill any bacteria you have put into the area. I think vinegar would just irritate in this situation, and I thought retinol was something that took a while to see results with.

How many times do u do it per day? And does it help greatly? Takes kitten i'm gonna try this tml and ice it as much as i can to reduce the swelling and redness by a billion times!!!

I usually do it about 3 times a day, but usually it only needs a day or two. It won't take away the cyst completely because there are no quick fixes (other than a cortisone shot), but this is the best thing I've done to help with swelling. It may not hurt to take some ibuprofen. Some people say it does nothing, but it at least helps with the pain or pressure inside, if that's how your cyst is.

Good luck!!!