Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yanez

high fructose corn syrup (laugh it out)

I think theres a very good chance that acne is linked with high fructose corn syrup. Ive read about the health problems this thing does. Also, more and more people are getting acne now , mostly the generation after the 80's when this stuff was introduced (before the 1980s nothing contained high fructose corn syrup). Now this is everywhere, Soda, cereal, pastas etc etc.....It may sound dumb but its something to think about

It's not just HFCS, it's processed foods and high glycemic ones in general. This is pretty well established. Your derm will tell you food has no connection, yet probably the best paid and most well known dermatologist in America, Dr. Perricone, knows this and one of the things he advocates for acne is eating low glycemic and anti inflammatory foods.

HFCS yea these companies are rediculous .. all those stupid "sugars" sweet n low .. splenda is all fake sugar .. juss so companies can use less of their money they feed us crap .. it is one of those fake sugars now my teacher was telling my study classs that one of them i cnanot remmeebr was actually used to make tar .. how they foudn otu it could taste sweet i forgot .. but isnt that sick? i love yogurt but unfortunately it is all amde with HFCS .. im trying to be as organic as possible but it is hard when u live in a society where all they care about is how much is costs them not how greta of a product it is. If i sweeten any of my food like cereal, tea etc.. i always use 100% surgar or honey non of that fake stuff .. Oh btw for all of you heavy diet coke or diet anything dirnkers after soo long of dirnking it your body actually creates phermaldahyde a substance used to preserve the dead but they no longer use it bc it is deadly .. also HFCS is a concern and ppl are starting to think (i think it is this one) that alzheimer's disease is form that. Juss some things to ponder about our society.

Check out stevia, it's the best alternative sweetener known. No sugar, no effect on insulin, super potent sweetness, herbal, and safety validated by hundreds of years of use in South America and 30 years as a diet sweetener in Japan.

I actually noticed that once i started drinking only "Jones" soda, a soda made with cane sugar, and avoiding all candy/processed foods/anything with HFCS, I hadn't had a single new spot. Then yesterday and today I had a bit more, and what do ya know, I have about four new spots. I am a strong believer in HFCS causing acne for many people.

I absolutely believe so as well as refined sugar. Sugar and HFCS affects the endocrine glands of the body and throws the body into complete chemical and thus hormonal imbalance. In my opinion I think all these allergies and such that people complain about on here is do to a low metabolism and that it's their body's fault not the food itself and that sugar could be a culprit in messing with your chemical balance causing the environment for food allergies or intolerance.

Also I think high fructose corn syrup has to be processed in the liver and maybe that could weaken it and cause the liver not to filter toxins as easily so you get more acne? I really have no idea and that was probably a stupid little idea that came into my head but yah...

Also I think high fructose corn syrup has to be processed in the liver and maybe that could weaken it and cause the liver not to filter toxins as easily so you get more acne? I really have no idea and that was probably a stupid little idea that came into my head but yah...

Fructose is processed in the liver and you'll find a nice summary of what this does to you and your acne in the link I posted right above your post.