Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know there have been a few posts about this already but I cant seem to find them.

Im always scared I dont eat enough fat to absorb my accutane.

I dont want to waste 5 months for nothing.

I was on 30mgs for 2 months and now for my 3rd month im going to be on 60 (30 twice a day)

I had problems with one meal! now im really paranoid I wont be able to eat enough fat in both.

Im lactose intolerant so milk = out of the option

plus im pretty much borderline vegan.

suggestions? I dont want to overeat thinking Im not eating enough. ha.

why are things so complicated (or why do we make them to be)

is a bowl of cereal really enough fat to absorb the pill?

(with rice or soy milk) oi.

or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?

plus I take b12 and vitamin E so I do I need more to insure all the pills are absorbed?

P.S. my face still looks like shit :)

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

Avacados, nuts, and olive oil are all good sources of good fats that will help absorb the tane. You can take vegetarian Omega 3, 6, 9 that with the tane pill to help.

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

add butter to everything you eat. There are very few foods it does not make taste better and it will give you your fat.

That will end up giving a higher amount of bad fats in you diet though and could make cholesterol higher which is another thing to watch out for on tane.

I take mine with a salad dressed in olive oil and tossed with sun flower seeds, and with the omega 3*6*9 supplements.

Avacados, nuts, and olive oil are all good sources of good fats that will help absorb the tane. You can take vegetarian Omega 3, 6, 9 that with the tane pill to help.

Yeah this is good advice. Just because you don't eat meat and dairy doesnt mean there isn't fat in your diet.

Avacados a FULL of really healthy fat and tastes great with salads too. Nuts and seeds like Brazil nuts and almonds are also good. There are plently of veggies with high fat content - you just gotta know which ones :)

I take my first pill in the morning with a pro-biotic yogurt drink, a banana and an omega 3 suppliment, and my second pill after lunch.

yeah, I have no problem taking my pill with dinner because I eat salad every night with my dinner and most of my food has oil in it.

my problem is with breakfast......I usually dont have time for it or I just eat a bowl of cereal/fruit.

I dont eat butter and since Im pretty much vegan I dont eat any dairy so no yogurt etc

which is why Im concerned.

I eat mixed nuts a lot, but I dont know if I want to have that for breakfast for the next 3 months ha.

how many nuts do you even need for it to absorb well?

I hate being paranoid about this.

Found this-google search:

Accutane Absorbtion Rates

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/rosac...t/message/66501

In a nutshell:

Taking accutane with a meal increases its absorbtion by up to 2x. This has implications for those who are taking, say 20mg every two days and want to minimise the amount utilised by their body.

Quote:

Pharmacokinetics

Absorption

"Due to its high lipophilicity, oral absorption of isotretinoin is enhanced when given with a high-fat meal. In a crossover study, 74 healthy adult subjects received a single 80 mg oral dose (2 × 40 mg capsules) of Accutane under fasted and fed conditions. Both peak plasma concentration (C max ) and the total exposure (AUC) of isotretinoin were more than doubled following a standardized high-fat meal when compared with Accutane given under fasted conditions (see Table 2 below). The observed elimination half-life was unchanged. This lack of change in half-life suggests that food increases the bioavailability of isotretinoin without altering its disposition. The time to peak concentration (T max) was also increased with food and may be related to a longer absorption phase. Therefore, Accutane capsules should always be taken with food (see DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION). Clinical studies have shown that there is no difference in the pharmacokinetics of isotretinoin between patients with nodular acne and healthy subjects with normal skin."

Why dont you just take both pills together at night? I am taking 50mg and take one 40mg and one 10mg at the same time. My derm said it didnt make a difference.. and im glad because that would drive me nuts if its not enough already! :wacko:

Why dont you just take both pills together at night? I am taking 50mg and take one 40mg and one 10mg at the same time. My derm said it didnt make a difference.. and im glad because that would drive me nuts if its not enough already! :wacko:

yeah its driving me nuts too, only because I have to take tane to work with me and I feel odd taking pills at work. dont know why. Im getting over it though.

the only reason I take them twice a day is because thats what I was told to do

Im going to ask next appointment if it matters.