Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fmxkid

question about SAYLICYLIC ACID

does anybody know if a gentle SA scrub is safe for not really acne prone skin, but kinda sensitive; and does it actually do anyhting GOOD like cleanse pores well or break down/ prevent sebum build up??(clogged pores) I'm asking b/c I can't use ANY other cleansers or soaps because they all contain a couple ingredient that cause some weird irration on my face and or mild acne and this SA scrub in my parents business doesn't have any of the ingredients i've studied in the other products i've used that caused a reaction, but i'm really worried that the SA will actually cause acne or perhaps do somethin helpful for my face...my problem is i can't use any cleansers or soaps (tried like 15) but i get clogged pores easily (even without using any products) so if you guys/girls have any answers or suggestions on anything i'd appreciate any replies :) thanks!

does anybody know if a gentle SA scrub is safe for not really acne prone skin, but kinda sensitive; and does it actually do anyhting GOOD like cleanse pores well or break down/ prevent sebum build up??(clogged pores) I'm asking b/c I can't use ANY other cleansers or soaps because they all contain a couple ingredient that cause some weird irration on my face and or mild acne and this SA scrub in my parents business doesn't have any of the ingredients i've studied in the other products i've used that caused a reaction, but i'm really worried that the SA will actually cause acne or perhaps do somethin helpful for my face...my problem is i can't use any cleansers or soaps (tried like 15) but i get clogged pores easily (even without using any products) so if you guys/girls have any answers or suggestions on anything i'd appreciate any replies :) thanks!

i use clearasil 3 in 1 cleanser..and it works good

Is it okay to use Saylicylic Acid and Benzoyl Peroxide at the same time? or do helpful effects weaken when they are used together?

I dont use either SA or Benz, both irritate my skin too much and seem to cause spot prone skin rather than properly heal.

I have always used SA products .. but when i sed BP i noticed that my pimpled went away like 5x faster then with SA but SA is good bc it goes deep down into the pores .. unclogging them and removing deadskin ... and SA scrub i would suggest bc it is alot less irritating then BP .. IMO

there has been a lot of discussion on the topic. How i see it is the SA helps clean the pours and remove dead skin, making way for the bp to be absorbed better and deeper in the skin, not getting blocked by the dead skin and clogs. HOWEVER if you have not been on the regimine long you may not want to use both or you might get way too dry.

Is it okay to use Saylicylic Acid and Benzoyl Peroxide at the same time? or do helpful effects weaken when they are used together?

You should use them at different times. One in the morning and one at night. Also saylicylic acid is not very strong at getting rid of acne (unless its very mild) and may take up to 3 months. Your better off not using a wash that contains saylicylic acid because applying benzoyl peroxide after can be very irritating... instead use a gentle wash twice a day and one in the morning and one at night. If you must use it in a washform make sure to leave it on for at least 2 minutes to let it penetrate into your pores.

The salicylic acid will only make your acne worse if it is irritating your skin. Make sure to use it in moderation or according to the directions. :cool: