Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My practitioner has been giving me microdermabrasion followed by a chemical peel. The problem is, I do not know what kind of peel it is, and I want to be informed. My practioner is Asian and has a VERY thick accent. I have asked him several times what kind of chemical peel it is, but he just says that it's a chemical that goes deep into my pores and kills bacteria. He says that it should make my skin peel, although my skin has never peeled (I rarely peel at all, no matter what). I can't figure out if it's a TCA peel or a glycolic peel or what.

Basically, he dots a stinging potion directly on my active acne and my brown spots, and then sweeps my entire face with a chemically smelling cloth. He leaves me for 5-10 minutes, at which time my face starts to sting and then itch. When he comes back to the room he wipes my face with a wet washcloth.

Does anyone have any idea what kind of peel this is? I'd like to know so I can read up on it and so I can comment on its success (or lack thereof...too hard to tell yet). Thanks!

My practitioner has been giving me microdermabrasion followed by a chemical peel. The problem is, I do not know what kind of peel it is, and I want to be informed. My practioner is Asian and has a VERY thick accent. I have asked him several times what kind of chemical peel it is, but he just says that it's a chemical that goes deep into my pores and kills bacteria. He says that it should make my skin peel, although my skin has never peeled (I rarely peel at all, no matter what). I can't figure out if it's a TCA peel or a glycolic peel or what.

Basically, he dots a stinging potion directly on my active acne and my brown spots, and then sweeps my entire face with a chemically smelling cloth. He leaves me for 5-10 minutes, at which time my face starts to sting and then itch. When he comes back to the room he wipes my face with a wet washcloth.

Does anyone have any idea what kind of peel this is? I'd like to know so I can read up on it and so I can comment on its success (or lack thereof...too hard to tell yet). Thanks!

If I were u I would DEFINITELY be upfront and find out WHATS on my FACE. 3 things u could do:

#1#(in the nicest way) say "Excuse me but as Iam paying alot of money for this treatment, I want to know what is being put on my skin. Could you please write down the name(hand him a pen/notepad) I have trouble remembering these things as Ive tried several treatments in the past.." (or some other excuse).

#2# Say: "I mentioned I was having peels done to my doctor the other day, and he's concerned as Ive had some weird sun-spots appear on&off. Could you write down the name for me to give him?"

#3# Just go to the main desk of the clinic and explain you cant understand your derms accent and want to know what was used in your treatment. A record should be kept on their database. Ive been to a couple of clinics and that was always the procedure..Usually they would print a reciept stating exactly what it was. If they dont do that well it all sounds a bit dodgy to me.

Thanks for the suggestions. It's a glycolic peel, I learned. I asked the girls at the front desk (even though this is not the kind of place that keeps a database or anything like that). Apparently, he can't say the word "glycolic," so he just explains it. Go figure. He gives it to me for free, so I wasn't going to complain too much!

Anyway, now that I know I can peel with ease!

I can't say for sure but the fact that you mentioned the smell leads me to believe it was a Jessners peel. They have a very wierd smell to them that is very unique.

By the way in my opinion Microdermabrasion is a huge waste of time. I had 8 treatments about 5 years ago and then tried one six months ago because I was told that the technology had improved.

The best product going right now with minimal downtime is a 20% TCA peel. I bought a bottle on eBay and it gave me a great peel. I have tried Glycolic and Lactic and nothing else compares.

I can't say for sure but the fact that you mentioned the smell leads me to believe it was a Jessners peel. They have a very wierd smell to them that is very unique.

By the way in my opinion Microdermabrasion is a huge waste of time. I had 8 treatments about 5 years ago and then tried one six months ago because I was told that the technology had improved.

The best product going right now with minimal downtime is a 20% TCA peel. I bought a bottle on eBay and it gave me a great peel. I have tried Glycolic and Lactic and nothing else compares.

Thanks, Mr. X. It's a glycolic peel. But I'm curious about your microdermabrasion treatment--was it for active acne or for red/brown spots or ...?

has anyone had a peel called vitalizepeel. i had it done uh on monday, so two days ago, so its starting to peel now. can anyone tell me the results they had please?